Pathy vs 4runner

tempo

Hi!

My friends from other forum said to me that 4runner is better for offroad than R50 Pathfinder

Pathfinder after few trips will do problem becose it too soft for real offroad stuff - and they advise me to buy only 4runner - but honestly 4runner SO SO ugly if i compare it to Pathy And i think that Pathy more comfortable

So what about offroad for pathy is it dependable and strong enougth? Or without upgrades stock Pathy good only for just say - i have "jeep"

=====================

by the way - finally i bought Pathy 2002

4runner is better suited for offroad than pathfinder.

4runner is body on frame and has double wishbone front suspension.

pathfinder is unibody and has struts in front.

Expert offroaders know what I'm talking about :)

4runner has one weak point. Its nose is little bit down in stock form and first thing owners do is at least 2 inch lift in front and 1 inch in rear and the car is ready to go everywhere.

If we compare 4x4 systems, all 4runners (4th gen, >2003) have traction control, stability control, DAC (Downhill assist control), Hill start assist control, also they have multimode 4 wheel drive system that allows you to engage 4lo without locking center differential, almost forgot they have torsen center differential.

In real life, stock pathfinder has great off-road capabilities but it was not meant to be off-roader by design.

I love my 2003 SE. I've had few cases when I engaged 4hi but when I did it worked great. Also 4lo and 1st gear greatly helped me several times to crawl down a muddy hill securely.

I ran my stock 2001 Pathy through lots of off-road stuff before I did any mods and it went through everything and never got stuck.

Only thing that has gone wrong so far is that I blew the two CV axles. But they were also stock and 9 years old.

Both are good trucks. All depends on preferences.

Congrats on your truck purchase. I know you will like it.

Well I for one can tell you I wheel the sh@# out of my r50 and it takes every little bit I throw at it; I have 6" of lift and it gets through things that some jeeps don't.... also because I try them and then everyone else doesn't want to go after I did it. I have pulled out numerous jeeps, a couple yotas, and 2 landrovers.... don't get me wrong I have gotten stuck a few times myself, but I love the offroad capabilities of my R50. The only things that I have broke on mine was snapping my tie rod while rock climbing, the a/c compressor went out and I had to replace, and having to replace 1 CV after I tore the boot on the trail and filled it with mud.

DSC_0153-1.jpg

DSC_0158-1.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes
  • Like 1

WOW!!!! Picturies just say all (of cose it is not stock but...)

i plan lift my Pathy 2" and install lock on rear differential....thats all for now

I agree that ask on Nissan Pathfinder forum "toyota vs nissan" sounds like asking what the best cat or dog in a middle of dog exibition.

Edited by tempo