video of my knocking pathy

well a bearing, esp a Main will render your vehicle un driveable quicly as the things come out of banlance...

In this order I reccomend checking things out...

Loose timing cover bolt hitting the balancer or loose balancer hitting timing bolt

Really loud lifter hold a rod to the base of your ear and the other end to your valve cover and see if you can pinpoint a loudest location.

Valves. Ya know; compression check. few oz of tanny fluid on the low cyl to be certain its the valve causing the low # and not the rings.

Timing belt. If its off by 2(or 3 I cant remember) teeth it may tap the pistion but you'd also have other probems. 3 or more and it would defenitely bend.

I can listion to it but if it speeds up when you rev it I'll go with a main(theres a youtube vid of a chevy)

If it is indeed a main,theres a guy sell a good running 91 thats been rolled for 300 bucks...or 800 with 2 day old Goodyear wranglers in Bay city Wisc...

Edited by nismothunder

Sounds to me like a collapsed lifter. You should have revved it a few times in the video. A main or rod knock would be a lot deeper. Pull your rocker covers and see what you find. Don't start it with the covers off though overhead cams sling alot of oil! If nothing looks obvious pull on each rocker arm then turn the engine a little and pull on them again.

James

I can listion to it but if it speeds up when you rev it I'll go with a main(theres a youtube vid of a chevy)

If it is indeed a main,theres a guy sell a good running 91 thats been rolled for 300 bucks...or 800 with 2 day old Goodyear wranglers in Bay city Wisc...

It speeds up slightly when starting to rev it then sound goes away completely it basically only really makes noise when at an idle

It speeds up slightly when starting to rev it then sound goes away completely it basically only really makes noise when at an idle

Sounds like a stuck lifter then,its ok to drive,it'll just make that noise unless you seafoam it a few times to unstick it.

It could be a chunk in you cat,I had a crown vic that had a piece of the cat break off inside and at idle it sounded like it was banging,when above that it went away...