I think a smell is coming from my A/C system...

Kyle94

Dont know if this has been asked before, i couldnt find anything that answered my problems...

I took my pathy from Kelso to Portland the other day and had the A/C on the whole way there, pretty damn cold.

The bad part, i kept smelling something like Anitfreeze... i dont know if it was that or just something else.... i was sweatin pretty bad that day... so... :whistle::shiftyeyes:

you could have a pinhole leak in a hose that's spraying onto something hot so it evaporates right away and doesn't leave a puddle and the smell is getting in through the intake vents in the cowl.

But... :shrug:

you could have a pinhole leak in a hose that's spraying onto something hot so it evaporates right away and doesn't leave a puddle and the smell is getting in through the intake vents in the cowl.

But... :shrug:

hmmmm.... guess ill have to get the truck hot and see if i can see anything sprayin...

sounds like a leak in the heater core. Yes I know you used cold but its the same ducting so odors still cary over from one core to the other.

well damn thats not good if so... i wonder if all the stuff i sucked out of the blower fan area unclogged a hole, or i somehow poked a hole in the mofo...

well damn thats not good if so... i wonder if all the stuff i sucked out of the blower fan area unclogged a hole, or i somehow poked a hole in the mofo...

Put a bottle under the drain on the vent system (firewall on passenger side) and see what color the fluid coming out is. If it is clear, no prob just normal condensation, green, you got a leak. You'll need to run the truck with the AC on a while to get some drainage.

Edited by GrimGreg

Put a bottle under the drain on the vent system (firewall on passenger side) and see what color the fluid coming out is. If it is clear, no prob just normal condensation, green, you got a leak. You'll need to run the truck with the AC on a while to get some drainage.

ill have to go try this in a lil bit. thanks guys.

I have the same problem, except its when i have the heater on... Hmm also it sometimes smells like fuel so i donno. I think i have a small manafold leak because i can see some "wet" spots down the side of the manifold it self would that have the same smell and posibly get pulled into the cab??