Cruise Control

WyKi

At what speed does the cruise control activate? I've tried it at various speeds , but it doesnt engage. Does the speedo not working have something to do with it? I hear something click, but nothing as I let off the gas pedal and the speed goes down. The cruise light turns on but nothing. I set the speed leaving the cruise button down? Thanks

most likely those plastic button/tabs under your brake switch/cruise control switches broke off. you can use a bottle caps zip tied to repair it or coins taped together... or just order yourself some new ones from the dealer.

If the cruise light comes on when you set it then it is probably either a leak in the small vacuum line or the pump under the hood has failed. If the cruise set light won't come on then it is probably what cuong said. On mine the switch itself was actually bad not the things that push it. Took me a while to figure out.

Cut a stick to size to wedge between the seat and gas pedal :shrug: (seriously... don't do that)

LMAO LOL :rofl: funny man funny man.. that's the old way to do it. :aok:

If the cruise light comes on when you set it then it is probably either a leak in the small vacuum line or the pump under the hood has failed. If the cruise set light won't come on then it is probably what cuong said. On mine the switch itself was actually bad not the things that push it. Took me a while to figure out.

I'll be checking the vacuum lines and the pump to see... thanks.

Cut a stick to size to wedge between the seat and gas pedal :shrug: (seriously... don't do that)

Don't laugh I have done this. When I was working in fleet repair for a bottled water company I have to swap trucks out from another branch that was an hour and a half drive away. The older trucks had a governed top speed of 60mph. Holding the pedal to the floor for an hour and a half SUCKED! I used an expandable hood prop rod and wedged it between the pedal and the seat. The way I wedged it, if I went for the brake pedal I would kick the rod off of the gas pedal so it was a some what safe setup.

James