Gearbox to transfer prob

stew

Ive got a 5L ford injected motor fitted in my 91 D21 pathfiner,running a c4 auto,need to adapt a nissan patrol transfer case,any ideas or know of someone who has,got patrol diffs in and coil suspension,even a different gearbox and transfer case combo but front diff center is now on right hand side,so transfer to the front has to.even a remote transfer?any ideas will help heaps.thanks

Ive got a 5L ford injected motor fitted in my 91 D21 pathfiner,running a c4 auto,need to adapt a nissan patrol transfer case,any ideas or know of someone who has,got patrol diffs in and coil suspension,even a different gearbox and transfer case combo but front diff center is now on right hand side,so transfer to the front has to.even a remote transfer?any ideas will help heaps.thanks

Pictures please, how the heck did you shoe horn that into the engine bay?

Pictures please, how the heck did you shoe horn that into the engine bay?

soon as i work out how ta put the pics on i will,engine and trans fit nice,got 2" body lift just to help a bit,had engineer here yesterday cause trying to keep it regestered n on road,he happy with it sofar,still fair way ta go with it.should be fun.suspension has lifted it nearly 15".and these patrol diffs hopefully hold up for me.starting day now so ill see if can do tonight.talk soon

as far as i know, atlas only makes it to go to a chev tranny to the nissan case.

a better more cost effective way would to be put a Dana 300 out of a jeep behind it. does your C6 have a 6 bolt round patern? if so, deffinatley go this route

Edited by 87pathy

87 is right, although Atlas does make adapter plates for just about anything...I used them exclusively for a 4.3 Chevy swap into a XJ. They provided all the parts to do the install.

87 is right, although Atlas does make adapter plates for just about anything...I used them exclusively for a 4.3 Chevy swap into a XJ. They provided all the parts to do the install.

thanks mate,ill get on there site and see what they got.

as far as i know, atlas only makes it to go to a chev tranny to the nissan case.

a better more cost effective way would to be put a Dana 300 out of a jeep behind it. does your C6 have a 6 bolt round patern? if so, deffinatley go this route

it does have 6 bolt patern,does the transfer to the front come out on the right hand side?and what here in australia would have this transmission.i have some american import contacts.maybe they could help.

it does have 6 bolt patern,does the transfer to the front come out on the right hand side?and what here in australia would have this transmission.i have some american import contacts.maybe they could help.

if you have a 6 bolt pattern, then go with a D300, Chevy, dodge, jeep NP205, NP203, np 208, np 241..etc. dana 20..... T18,

much cheaper, hell i bought a servicable d300 here in the states for 250 bucks.

Just check the spline count, most D300 and others are 23 spline

i wouldn't tell you to use them unless you could..

I know that patrol axles are right hand drop (your drivers side, our passengers side)

Edited by 87pathy