problems with axle

Toby

So I didn't need to remove the spindle entirely. I removed the shock, and the spindle from the UCA. The tie-rod nut as well, although I didn't get the tie rod end off itself. My boot is a little messed up but I'm going to mend it with silicon. It's just a pin sized hole.

All in all this has been a complete nightmare. But now that it's out I am extremely thankful and will finish putting the axle in tomorrow night when I get home. I need to get my core charge back and get some lithium grease for it. Or grease. Whichever Nissan sells me.

Edit:

35248_414310509661_619309661_4385296_7846086_n.jpg

Edited by Toby

glad to hear you got it out. Putting in the new one isn't much easier though lol. Regular wheel bearing grease will work fine. just try to keep the end of the shaft clean before you slide it into the back of the hub.

glad to hear you got it out. Putting in the new one isn't much easier though lol. Regular wheel bearing grease will work fine. just try to keep the end of the shaft clean before you slide it into the back of the hub.

I wiped most of everything down and knocked off some rust lol. The axle is still in the box wrapped in plastic. I'm going to hopefully put it in tomorrow. I think the hardest part was removing the old one. Now it's just reassembling which won't be near as bad.

Needless to say I can't wait to get this damn thing out and my Neon in to mock up placement for my SRT4 Turbo

neon :rofl: I don't care how fast it is. its still a neon

Yet it was considered the "japanese car killer" in it's time lol. It performed better than all the imports when it came out.

The neon hasn't had any problems yet. In the street car or the race car. As opposed to my Pathfinder lol.

Yet it was considered the "japanese car killer" in it's time lol. It performed better than all the imports when it came out.

The neon hasn't had any problems yet. In the street car or the race car. As opposed to my Pathfinder lol.

Neon's are weak

Neon's are weak

I'd beg to differ. 150hp out of their DOHC I4's isn't far off from the WD21's V6.

Not to mention more reliable than this POS pathfinder I've had. I wouldn't mind another one but it seems one thing after another is going wrong with it so I'm avoiding them altogether.