A/C Compressor @!*% the bed.....

So it got upto 98 degrees today in nh so i decided to put my a/c on which i rarely do because of gas milage and hey its nh.... so i put it on and it worked great blowing ice cold air for about 15 minutes then it started blowing hot air so i decided maybe it needed a recharge because its been 2 years since i had it recharged, so i get home and hear this grinding sound coming from under my hood and low and behold the a/c pulley is barely moving and sounds like the bearings are shot..... I don't even know where to get a new compressor because it is hard enough to find parts for this truck on CL or a junkyard.... Anyone have any ideas? Also i have never done a compressor before, does anyone have a write up on this or some help? Thanks

mine has the same dilemma, i took the compressor off last week to see if the clutch is very had to rebuild. i've found write ups on others for different cars, i will let you know what i find out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-99-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-3-3-AIR-A-C-AC-COMPRESSOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem562e903ea1QQitemZ370148392609QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

will this one work? Pretty cheap... also has anyone ever use those ac recharge cans from the auto parts store? how good do they work?

I tried the AC cans on my pathfinder and it didn't work at all. I'm not sure if I did it right or what but my system was empty when I started. Only $100 for a full recharge and it works great now. Those cans and adapters aren't that cheap either.

check www.car-part.com for a used one in your area.

The cans are only good to "top up" your system, not fill it. many of them only contain a fraction of a pound of freon. The system from empty takes 1.5 lbs. do the math. Better to spend a few bucks and get someone with the proper equipment to fill it after.