interior swap question

1987Bama

maybe i keep putting this in wrong on search but will the rear seats ona 4 door fit a 2 door?

because if it does,the mint burgandy interior from a 1990 4 door will be inside my 87 pathy very soon.

Yup, but the plastic side panels are different from the doors back (since a 4 door obviously has rear door panels and different rear window setups), but yes the seats interchange :aok:

Edited by nunya

Yup, but the plastic side panels are different from the doors back (since a 4 door obviously has rear door panels and different rear window setups), but yes the seats interchange :aok:

yeah,i know the panels arent

then a conversion will be under way.

i assume the headliners are the same?

grey exterior with burgandy pinstripe with burgandy/greyt interior.

i see a roll tide theme coming.lol

Obviously one with a sunroof will have a hole where one without a sunroof will not... and theres some that have roof mount speakers, but I don't know what years/packages that would be.

Obviously one with a sunroof will have a hole where one without a sunroof will not... and theres some that have roof mount speakers, but I don't know what years/packages that would be.

no sunroofs on either.

and the 4 door has the rear speakers on the sides.just kinda stick out like a sore thumb.

that kinda looks stupid and in the way in the cargo area.

i think the dash will be the hardest to change.i changed one in a 94 so it cant be that bad.

When I went from blue to grey dash it wasn't bad, I don't exactly move fast though when I don't have to and having my wife help me hold the grey one in place while starting to mount it made life easy.

Hardest part of a dash swap is the gauge pod and wiring. They changed the pod and connectors in 90, and again in 94. Also in 94 they went to electronic speedo, so you need to swap the sender.

• 2 weeks later...

not gonna swap a 94 dash into a 87.just swapping colors from a burgandy 90 model 4 door to my 87 2 door.

the 94 was changed out because it was cracked really bad.

even without airtools it shouldn't take over an hour

• Like 1

U can always check out my posts...running a 95 truck in my 87 body...lots of stuff innerchanges...

Guys,read my thread.not wanting to put a 94-05 etc in my 87.just asking about the rear seats.

lmao

Guys,read my thread.not wanting to put a 94-05 etc in my 87.just asking about the rear seats.

lmao

:scratchhead: Thought you asked about the dash.... Anyway, any WD-21/D-21 seats are interchangeable. You can even mount a D-21 bench seat in your Pathy, it will bolt right in.