Replacing oil pump

N2mesnob

word...also heard that those pumps are higher volume...but nothing to back it up.

I know the vg30ett and the vg30det had higher output pumps. I have not heard that bout the 3.3 tho. Its possible, it would also keep those lifters quiet for longer and so does using ZDDP

Yea, not having a wicked rear main leak helps too!

Man I need to just pull my motor and run through it, replace some gaskets and while its out just rebuild it...gah. Not looking forward to it.

Yea, not having a wicked rear main leak helps too!

Man I need to just pull my motor and run through it, replace some gaskets and while its out just rebuild it...gah. Not looking forward to it.

I thought I had a RMS leak, the drips would aways acumulate @ the weep hole below the clutch and arround the slave cyl seal.

When I did my cams and parked on cardboard for a week I had 0 drips. I guess the real culprit was the rear cam covers running oil down the back of the block so it would collect in the same place...(hopefully my RMS was changed when dad did the tranny)

now with my Rear covers fixed, new camseals and fwd main(both were really toast) I shouldn't have to top off every 1,500 miles.

I am pretty sure my valve cover gaskets are leaking at a minimum...but I am not looking forward to pulling the intake and all that junk off just to change the gaskets...

If it was not such a pain in the butt I would have done it already, and it is my DD, so the time is critical...geez.

you'll have to pulg your filter ports cause I think the other pump puts the filter rt next 2 the pump

To what filter ports are you referring to and don't i need the filter to work or am i jus redirecting it somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

The Vg33 has a different crankshaft than the VG30. Internally, they are the same, but for the oil pump drive and harmonic balancer, they are different sizes. The pumps will bolt to the different blocks fine, but it the vg30 crank won't engage the vg33 pump properly.