factory driving light question

I see a lot of pathfinders that have the factory driving lights in the bumper, but don't see anything about them in the FSM, wanted to know if the lights use a relay and if so where are they normally mounted? I removed the driving light switch and harness from my center console, don't recall where it was connected to, but was thinking of re-using it for my grille lights, any one have any info on this?

The relay should be mounted on the firewall next to the window motor, that's where mine is at least and it looks factory. I ran my aftermarket fog lights through the factory switch and circuit. The factory ones were the ones dangling way low below the bumper. The first time I had it out wheeling the passenger side one got completely demolished.

That's what I used, but believe me you'll have a hard time following that wiring through the bumper and into the fenders. They really buried it good. I simply cut the connectors off and spliced the aftermarket wiring in, made sure there were no voltage drops anywhere, and flipped the switch. My center console looks a lot better without the old finicky and falling apart switch that ran them before.

was just in my shed throwing getting the garbage to put out and was moving some extra parts around into a plastic tote and I found the full harness I removed for the driving lights, so guess I won't be following the wires tomorrow after all!! LOL at least I know what happened to the relay now!!

The driving/fog lights were an accessory add on kit that dealers installed. That is why they do not show up in the FSM. Same for roof rack, step rails, ski racks, grille guards, hood bug shields, etc.

Yea man...dealer installed...and fried! I guess that is why the previous owner disconnected mine...I replaced the relay and re wired it in some split loom...it certainly LOOKS factory...but at least NOW it works...

Frustrating...

But that was some time ago...