Dealer are dicking me off ! vooodoo diagnosing

Guest BUSANOSTRA

Guest BUSANOSTRA

I owned a Nissan 2001 Pathfinder. I am getting a flashing engine service.

They told me that the code that is generating is a weak sparkplug coil.

I forgot the code but yes there is code for sparkplug coil. The thing that bothers me is, they are charging me $900. to replace the six coil sparkplugs. They are trying to dick you with buying all of them rather than the computer telling me which one coil is bad among the six. They told me, it does not work that way, all must be replaced. Its a BS I think and easiest way for them to solve and make a quick money.

I took the car home pissed the way a "modern diagnosing" is suck. I paid $58.

for diagnosing my problem. I called one of a local salvage yard and found the same production year Pathfinder and sent me

six sparkplug coil for $20. each. Yeah, I will replace the six of them and reset the

engine code using my sons OBDII scanner (I hope). I like to know if someone

knows the reading of the coil resistance and where to put the tester.

Thanks people!

Guest BUSANOSTRA

Yes the 2001 with coils attached to the sparkplug.

One of the coil in anyone of those 6 is weak. I want to know

what is the reading or resistance of the coil so I can determine which coil

is weak and bad. I also would like to know what pin that I have to test using

the multi-meter.

Thanks

Jaime

IF nobody replies with the info you are looking for, might I suggest testing all of them and comparing? Perhaps one will standout as being different and thus, may be your problem.

just a thought.

Guest BUSANOSTRA

Yeah! that's a good idea. I wish I know which three pins to test. But I will try to find it anyway. I do appreciate your advice.

But if there is someone with manual, kindly take a look at the reading of the

resistance of the coil and will greatly help me.

Thanks

I'd suggest getting a PDF FSM from Nissan. You can buy them for like $20 and download and save it to your hard drive. That should have all the information you need. Or if someone on here has an FSM or PDF FSM and would post the pages pertaining to this issue, that would be cool, too.

But you should definitely get the service manual anyways, if you are planning on keeping the truck for a while, and are even the least bit considering doing any work on it yourself. With the aid of a manual, you'll find that nothing is without reason (well, except changing that darn oil pan on a 4WD!! #*(^Q!@(#!!!!)

I'd suggest getting a PDF FSM from Nissan. You can buy them for like $20 and download and save it to your hard drive. That should have all the information you need. Or if someone on here has an FSM or PDF FSM and would post the pages pertaining to this issue, that would be cool, too.

But you should definitely get the service manual anyways, if you are planning on keeping the truck for a while, and are even the least bit considering doing any work on it yourself. With the aid of a manual, you'll find that nothing is without reason (well, except changing that darn oil pan on a 4WD!! #*(^Q!@(#!!!!)

<< Or if someone on here has an FSM or PDF FSM and would post the pages pertaining to this issue, that would be cool, too. >>

This might be a dumb question but what does FSM stand for? Where do you get one of these?

factory service manual. You can usually get one from the stealership when you buy your vehicle (if it's within a few years of new) or check ebay. It'll put those Haynes and Chiltons to shame.

• 1 year later...