Adding 12v Plug in cargo area

Yendor

I totally suck at wiring, so any help is very much appreciated.

I want to add a 12v plug in the cargo area, but don't know where I tie in the wires to get power.

Hello Yendor!

I add in my Path a 12 V plug and a power outputs in the back of the center console.

toma12v.jpg

toma12v1.jpg

Both are wired with independient fuses direct from the battery, I use Diam 8 mm cable ( near to AWG 1 ) the wires enter near to the main hardness cables an pass below the mat floor insulated by independient plastic tubes protection.

The 12 V plug is used for accesories ( batteries charger, ligths, PC, etc ) and the power output to conecting the 12V / 220V converter , auxiliar and battery charger and others.

Is easy follow the power cable to the cargo area below the mat floor in order to install more outputs there.

I hope this helps.

Un abrazo

JAD

I wired mine right off the battery, through an inline fuse. I figured most of the time I would be back there using it, the truck would be off, so I didn't want it on a switched source.

Thanks for the input guys.

That's a nice set up there Jad.

Now call me retarded, but how do I hook it into the battery? :headwall:

Negative wire to the negative terminal, positive wire to the positive terminal. And you'll probably want to run an inline fuse just "up-wire" from the pos terminal of the battery.

This is critical ! When wiring directly off battery, You must put an inline fuse as close to battery + terminal as possible. If you put the fuse close to the outlet , and wires happen to short for whatever reason before the fuse, you could easily have a massive fire and die :crossedwires:

I thought I would have some time to give this a try yesterday, but I was way too busy. I'm leaving in a bit to go camping and enjoy some of this country's great liquid sunshine for a week.

This is critical ! When wiring directly off battery, You must put an inline fuse as close to battery + terminal as possible. If you put the fuse close to the outlet , and wires happen to short for whatever reason before the fuse, you could easily have a massive fire and die :crossedwires:

Yes, of course nearest possible to the battery.

Yendor... see the location and type of fuse holder.

fusepower.jpg

Un abrazo

JAD

Negative wire to the negative terminal, positive wire to the positive terminal. And you'll probably want to run an inline fuse just "up-wire" from the pos terminal of the battery.

When i wired the seats in my S10 i ran the negative wire to the body and grounded it. I didn't wanna go through all that noise of running it back through the firewall grommet and all that.

Of course I am getting power straight from my fuse box.