Is There Any "catches" So To Speak? That I Should Be Looking For?

Kyle94

I was just wondering if there are any things that I should be looking for to give me problems... I know about the frame rust, the spot under the rear passegnger door that rusts ( like mine, anyone know how to fix it?) the transmission oils, my tach doesn't work? Any other inputs on what to be looking for over the years I'm gonna be driving it is very appriciated. Oh and I also know about the exhaust manifold studs breaking and the manifolds warping( which I'm almost sure one of those has happened on mine cuz it has an exhaust leak somewhere, and I just replaced the exhuast gaskets.... Thanks again for anyones help. :)

Edited by kyleky07

About lunch??

Clean out the resistor pack behind the glove box before your truck catches on fire.

Speaking of fire, if you develope an exhaust leak at the collector to mid pipe exhaust joint, it will usually burn through the floor board and set the padding and your right foot on fire.

No, not much else to pay attention to, just carry marshmallows... ;)

B

what B said ^ It even says in the owners manual not to drive barefoot. :happy: as the floor rusted out on both my D21 and pathy ive had a few problems. like the floor rusting away from the body mounts and causing the truck cab lean, having a golf ball sized hole rusted through my floor where the wiring harness for the ECU goes past the passenger's feet.. shorting out the wiring, killing the "finder of paths". Having the rear hatch "shocks" not hold the hatch up in the winter only and it falls and hits you while you're looking for something... :owned:

Edited by slade420

About lunch??

Clean out the resistor pack behind the glove box before your truck catches on fire.

Speaking of fire, if you develope an exhaust leak at the collector to mid pipe exhaust joint, it will usually burn through the floor board and set the padding and your right foot on fire.

No, not much else to pay attention to, just carry marshmallows... ;)

B

Resistor pack? Where would I find this and what does it look like

Firmly lodged in the Garage/How To section...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7466

Please take this in the best way possible. Take an evening and just poke around and read what is pinned and obviously displayed. It probably will not answer all of your questions, but some and it will teach you things you have not even thought of. Which means even more questions and that is what we are about here... ;)

B

• 1 month later...