Move Rear Axle, Drive Shaft Spacer?

So as I'm going about my SAS im also looking at moving the rear axle back about 2" to fit 37" tires, i was wondering if I could get away with using a spacer for the drive shaft so that i dont have get a new one. Am I out to lunch or is this an ok idea? Thoughts anyone?

Edited by daver123

I can see having 1/2" maximum on the end of each flange without having any issues. but that only gives you 1" total will your slip yoke go the last 1" and still have enough spline engagement?

keep in mind I'm no driveline expert that's just my speculation

You should be fine with a spacer. Do you plan on keeping the stock geometry of the links? Most people have used the lower links as the uppers with no need to lengthen the driveshaft is there is plenty of slip/spline engagement.

The stock geometry will be different, going long arm and triangulated 4 link. I figure if i add in spacer as much as i move the axle i will have compensated to keep the spline happy.

The stock geometry will be different, going long arm and triangulated 4 link. I figure if i add in spacer as much as i move the axle i will have compensated to keep the spline happy.

Nice, I like triangulated 4-links!

In fact We've got a kit designed that should be out by the end of summer. It's basically an improvement on what i've been running.

Nice, I like triangulated 4-links!

In fact We've got a kit designed that should be out by the end of summer. It's basically an improvement on what i've been running.

That looks pretty good, what size tire were you running there?

• 2 weeks later...