Window Tint

Anyone know what the factory window tint percent is? Im looking to tint my windows tomorrow and i want them to pretty much match the rest of the windows. Also what brand tint is best to go with? Anyone have any suggestions for me?

I just got mine done. I have no idea what the factory stuff is (for the WD21s I think it was around 15% though), but I can tell you that the Llumar Formula one stuff is great. It really cut down on the heat from the windows (Arizona sun no less) and as long as you get the "comfort series" or above it comes with a lifetime warranty that INCLUDES user error. So if your dog scratches the tint, or something you put in the truck scratches it, they will replace it free of charge.

20% is the norm for rear SUV windows. Front percent varies by state laws (that's why most SUVs don't have tint on the front or don;t go darker than 50%). I tinted my Sentra with 20% all around. Don't know what brand. But the place I took it to has a lifetime warranty on it. Just check your local tint shop to tell you the percent. Or if you have tint laws, ask a friendly officer of the law to measure it for you. either way, 20% is probably what you got and need.

Jose

Mine are at 5% in the rear with the factory mirrored tint and 15% in the front... You cannot see into the back whatsoever unless you're following way behind and there's light going through the whole truck. :hide: