Is It Normal To Be So Hot Under The Hood?

Don't know if this is normal or not, don't recall my D21 being like this but on my 94 pathfinder I just got, after driving for a while if I open the hood the air under the hood is very hot, the cooling fan seems like it is working normally as the engine runs cool, don't know if I possibly have an exhaust leak somewhere, I may as the exhaust sounds like there is a leak just haven't found out where yet. But it just seems like the hot air (exhaust) is staying under the hood. Also there may be a leak as my buddy said yesterday that he was smelling like exhaust fumes coming into the cab thru the vents??? Going to check it today but don't think it's normal to be so hot under the hood. any feedback is always welcome, thanks

don't think this engine has any broken exhaust studs, normally on trucks with the exhaust stud leakage once the engine warms up the noise (ticking) usually goes away. Mine is noisy all the time.

Not necessarly, if they were broke long enough the manifold could be warped or cracked. You could always use it to your advantage and throw some hotdogs in foil under there and have a snack when you get where your goein...

don't know if this makes a differance but your HB cab sits about 1.5" higer so you have more airspace inside the engine bay, and more room for it to escape as it gets pushed down the transmission tunnel,(also 1.5" higer) arround the tranny and onto the road below the cab.

and if the fan clutch wasn't allowing the fan to move enough air maybe it would stay under the hood longer?? Do you notice under your hood being really hot?

and if the fan clutch wasn't allowing the fan to move enough air maybe it would stay under the hood longer?? Do you notice under your hood being really hot?

when I was in cali, and all stock, yeah it was hot. didn't wanna stick your face in there for the first 10 sec. But I seen worse.

now with e-fan and headders it never seems as hot even on long drives back to the cali summer(just don't touch anything)

off topic a little but I guess even with a 3" body lift the pathfinder will sit lower than a hardbody with the 3" body lift. Has anyone tried swapping the body mounts over from a hardbody into a pathfinder?

Mines hot...but I have the same leakage issues you do. Havent dove into fixing it yet...with the efan swap it helped out tremendously though. Dang clutch fan failed me...again and again...I hate em!

off topic a little but I guess even with a 3" body lift the pathfinder will sit lower than a hardbody with the 3" body lift. Has anyone tried swapping the body mounts over from a hardbody into a pathfinder?

its the actual mounts themselves (welded to each side), the ruber isolators or "blocks' on both rigs are the same.