Here's some pic's:

DSCF1178.jpg

DSCF1180.jpg

Bone stock 1988 pathfinder

226xxx miles

Whorehouse red interior

AT/AC/Sunroof

Everything works except the CC

I've got 'pulsing' when I use the brakes, next weekend I'm doing some work on it. New rotors, calipers, lines, Warn hubs and a bearing repack. My question is this: The whole drive axle has to come out????? Seriously?????

nice truck, clean !!!

I just rotated my tires today and noticed some play in the wheel bearings, took one hub off no problem and removed everything to the outer bearing, cleaned all the parts and re-greased (Mobil one synthetic grease !!), any way when I did the other side 3 of the hub bolts wouldn't come out, Allen wrench was spinning, was able to get 2 of the 3 out using a American sized Allen wrench but the last bolt had to cut the head off, the proper size Allen key is 7mm by the way, but no you don't have to take the axles out to do new bearings.

it should be same as mine, remove 6 bolts for the hub, remove hub, remove snap ring, washer and the metal cup behind the washer, unscrew the 2 Phillips screws and remove the locking plate, than unscrew the lock nut, a Phillips screwdriver in one of the larger holes usually will get it off, than remove the caliper, brake pads, and caliper mounting bracket, should be able to pull the rotor hub assembly off, I beleive the inner bearing has a dust seal over it, replace that as well, grease everything and re-assemble in reverse order, just don't make the lock nut too tight.

Thanks. The Haines manual made me jump back and forth between three chapters and didn't seem to have instructions for just a rotor and repack. I have the seals, I think I have everything to do it except time. I'm taking two days off next week so hopefully I can get this, the timing belt/water pump and some new fuel lines in.

The PO took really good care of it, the interior is in pretty good shape (real clean), all the fluids looked clean and it comes from Sacramento (no rust but a heat cracked dash). The only salt it ever saw was from spilled french fries.

:)

Welcome Bud!! That is a nice clean pathy, even if it is a 2 door. :D

Whorehouse red interior

You have officially cracked me up and that is the best description of the color/interior I have heard yet... :clap:

Form Sacramento?? Where is Gig Harbor??

The wheel bearings are straight forward (other than the stupid lock tab/washer thing). The timing belt can be confusing if you are not used to the work and be ready to change out the bypass hose or cam/crank seals, etc. There is a good write up pinned in the Garage section.

B

The wheel bearings are straight forward (other than the stupid lock tab/washer thing). The timing belt can be confusing if you are not used to the work and be ready to change out the bypass hose or cam/crank seals, etc. There is a good write up pinned in the Garage section.

Thanks, I'm getting a better and better feeling about this rotor. Haines had me unbolting all the linkage and a-arms, even if it is a Nissan I know that aint right. The tool for the washer is on it's way: link.

I hear ya on the timing belt and I read the write up and watched that other guys video (hahaha :goodpost: ). I have a feeling the PO had it done not too many miles ago but I don't want to roll the dice on that. The motor works good, I wanna keep it.

The PO was from Sacramento, He moved up here and cooked the tranny. The car sat at the end of His driveway for a few years, he finally relented to his wifes nagging and put it on craigslist. He was the second owner, the first owner was his uncle or sumthin'. I pulled another slushbox out of a parts pathy with 160k ($120) and paid some Salvadorian guys $400 to pull the cooked one and put this one in. Been driving it daily for two years now, no major issues.

I really want to do a conversion, I don't trust these AT's.

:hide:

Gig Harbor is in Washington state, across the Tacoma Narrows bridge... not far from me and several other members :aok:

Welcome to NPORA :beer:

Yessir! I got the brush guard a couple weeks ago from a guy on CL, real nice guy. He cut Me a screaming deal on the guard and even bolted it up for me, very cool. He recommended this site and I'm glad he did. I've already gleaned a ton of info here fishing the archives, I know if I run into some real trouble I'll get good advice. Thanks for the site and the warm welcome.

:beer:

If you haven't put an external transmission cooler on it, do it. Or else you'll end up cooking this transmission as well.

Yeah, I guess I should. Where's the best place to install it? What's the best one to get?

Rock Auto boned Me on my order, said my bank had me on credit hold but the bank had already authorized the payment. Then they said My address was bad, they shipped calipers to this address a week ago. Wrong calipers, too.

:thumbsdown:

DSCF1206.jpg

See the differences? No biggie, I just swapped parts and they work fine. I really needed the timing belt and other stuff I tried to order, though. I'm getting hosed on pricing locally.

DSCF1205-1.jpg

Hubs were easy but it didn't fix the 'pulsing' that I get with light braking. Suspension and steering all look solid, I'm thinking my pumpkin or a rear bearing is getting ready to take a dump on me. I don't get the pulsing with heavy braking and when the car is compression braking I can feel a kind of elliptical roll, almost like a wheel was egg shaped.

I had brake hardware and a rear hose on that Rock Auto order as well, those guys really effed up my weekend.

:headwall:

Edited by wofat

Yessir! I got the brush guard a couple weeks ago from a guy on CL, real nice guy. He cut Me a screaming deal on the guard and even bolted it up for me, very cool. He recommended this site and I'm glad he did. I've already gleaned a ton of info here fishing the archives, I know if I run into some real trouble I'll get good advice. Thanks for the site and the warm welcome.

beer.gif

Any idea who it was... are they a member here now?

Yeah, I guess I should. Where's the best place to install it? What's the best one to get?

You might start here for the cooler questions, then if you still have some toss them out to us thumbsup.gif

Doctor Bill's Timing and Cooler Thread

More Timing info can be found here

5523Pathfinder's Timing How-To

I don't know what He goes by on here, has a early 90's pathy with lots of lift. He just put a crate engine in it, dunno if that helps. I don't know how active He is, he just highly recommended the site.

I'll check it out the cooler info, I've been looking into it a little bit and it seems like cheap insurance. Oh, different rotor but I'll check the timing thing too.

Thanks!

Edited by wofat