I Am A Jackass, Forgot To Replace Oil Fill Cap 1000 Miles Ago.

Hello, and thanks in advance for the responses. I am an idiot. I added 3/4 qt of oil about 800-1000k miles ago to my 2003 Pathfinder LE and neglected to replace the oil fill cap on the engine(thankfully it was still wedged between my air box and the hood). The truck has run just fine, no issues what so ever. I have not gone off-roading nor has my truck seen any severe duty. However I do put a lot of miles on my truck, as I am a salesman and I drive a lot.

My question is, should I be worried? Obviously, I am going to get an oil change ASAP, which would be Monday morning. Like I said, everything is fine, the oil looks good and the vehicle has ran fine.

Thanks for the input.

do you know how maytimes I have left an oil cap on my air box only to find it melted to my exhaust some time later?

It wansn't untill a secret santa here gave me a nice blue anodized one that I stopped for getting it. I polly had enough spent on the cheap plastic ones to buy you and me both a some of those billet aluminum caps lol.

you'll be fine as long as nothing fell in. and really, what could fall in? a piece of lint from your hood liner? that wont hurt, anything else?

Do as MY1PATH said if it's a regular occorance and get a bright shiny one (once I find a pink one I gonna too since I have an issue leaving mine places and forgetting while letting Lucas drain in) But I wouldn't panic over it, put it back on and life goes on.

There's very little oil pressure once it gets to the top of the motor. The worst that would happen is the oil would get splattered around and some would come out the oil cap opening. Just clean up any splashing and adjust the oil level, nothing will happen.