Preformance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was gona get a pop charger already. after i but those tires on i want to make sure i can turn them. thought about chips and turbo. exhaust but i need to custom weld all the parts for that(would i need new headers for that to??)

i was gona get a pop charger already. after i but those tires on i want to make sure i can turn them. thought about chips and turbo. exhaust but i need to custom weld all the parts for that(would i need new headers for that to??)

Pop charger and exhaust are two common mods to add some extra power. But you'll have no problem turning tires... Pretty much ever. A while back, one R50 had a 6" subframe drop running 37" mudders without an issue. Anything else, you'll be fine. Of course a turbo, chip upgrade, etc. will create considerably more power but that requires serious cash.

What kind of truck are you hoping to have? More off-road capability? More get-up and go? Depending on how you want your Pathfinder to perform, certain mods may be better than others. :togo:

mostly ill be going through good amounts of mud and trails. i dont really wanna bang my pathy up by rock crawling or anything. and i dont like racing street, think its kinda dumb, all we have for racing where im form is ricer cars that think there cool(kinda gay) :thumbsdown:

mostly ill be going through good amounts of mud and trails. i dont really wanna bang my pathy up by rock crawling or anything. and i dont like racing street, think its kinda dumb, all we have for racing where im form is ricer cars that think there cool(kinda gay) :thumbsdown:

In that case, you'd be wise to look into an intake and exhaust. To be honest, the R50 handles itself quite well in the mud and on the trails. And you'd be surprised how much good tires change a vehicle. Probably the most important mod. Suspension is big too, especially for additional clearance and improved handling.

From my experience, the key mods on my R50 were in this order: suspension (OME lift coils, KYB struts w/ Nissan mounts and Bilstein rear shocks), tires (Toyo A/T 26575R16), intake (picked up a HKS Super Hybrid air filter which works better than any paper or oiled filter, IMO), spark plugs/wires (went NGK Iridium IX w/ 8mm wires). The rest is armour and creature comforts more than anything...

My R50 might be pushing at best 160HP but it still keeps up with the big dogs on the trails and in the mud. And that works just fine for me... :aok:

But don't let that deter you. I'm just saying for what it is, the R50 is pretty capable machine out of the box. :)

Do you have An LSD rear,a detroit locker is great off-road but sucks all on street and in winter(one you cant turn with out chriping the tires and the other you;ll do more sliding then any thing)If you have an lsd already it fine,hell I'll even mail you a detroit locker sticker so you can put it on back if you want,you would notice the diffrence because both back tires will spin when you churnin' through the slick S*(t...

Do you have An LSD rear,a detroit locker is great off-road but sucks all on street and in winter(one you cant turn with out chriping the tires and the other you;ll do more sliding then any thing)If you have an lsd already it fine,hell I'll even mail you a detroit locker sticker so you can put it on back if you want,you would notice the diffrence because both back tires will spin when you churnin' through the slick S*(t...

honestly i dont even know what an LSD is..... sorry

LSD,Limited slip differential,both back tires will spin when you going straight, at the same speed,...Open rear end/No LSD/Locker= 1 rear tire spins.Easy way to tell is if you have a Orange stick on the diff cover or it you go to a dirt road and spin the tires,2=lsd,1=open...or jack up the back and spin the tires by hand,if they go the same way its lsd,if one gos forward and the other backwards its open...

also everyones been telling me i should get like detroit lockers and an axel swap. is that a pretty important upgrade??

A sas in front is not worth the time/effert/money if you playing in mud,for rocks and hard core trail then yeah do it,but for mud IFS in the front is fine...if there talking about a diffrent back axle then they dont know what there talking about,that axle will handle 40s fine on a little truck,its nearly as strong as a ford 9 in rear...

oh jeeze... anything else i should think about doin??

No,that should be it,you dont need a solid front axle unless you have 35inch+ tires and you playing rocks,the stock stuff should do you just fine until you get to that point...other then the intake and exhaust upgrades you dont really need anything else...

found all but snorkel, suspension and exhaust. how much does suspension cost?? and where can i find a snorkel??

If you plan to lift it up mildly, you can go with either the AC or OME lift.

If you wanna go with the AC lift, here's the website:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/pathfinder-19962004-pathfinder-c-435_437_341_8.html

The overall cost will depend on the struts/shocks combination that you get plus shipping and labor. There are threads about lifting the pathfinder.

With stock height, you can probably fit 31's without much problem. But if you do the lift, you'll gain about 2"-3" and you can fit 32's or even 33's. The extra ground clearance is always a plus on the rocks and in the mud, in my opinion.

As for snorkel, this is all I can find so far:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/font-colorredr50-pathfinder-snorkelfont-p-5266.html

I'm not sure if it will fit nicely or if the installation is going to be easy. I think there are threads about this one as well.

Edited by dududuckling

If you plan to lift it up mildly, you can go with either the AC or OME lift.

If you wanna go with the AC lift, here's the website:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/pathfinder-19962004-pathfinder-c-435_437_341_8.html

The overall cost will depend on the struts/shocks combination that you get plus shipping and labor. There are threads about lifting the pathfinder.

With stock height, you can probably fit 31's without much problem. But if you do the lift, you'll gain about 2"-3" and you can fit 32's or even 33's. The extra ground clearance is always a plus on the rocks and in the mud, in my opinion.

As for snorkel, this is all I can find so far:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/font-colorredr50-pathfinder-snorkelfont-p-5266.html

I'm not sure if it will fit nicely or if the installation is going to be easy. I think there are threads about this one as well.

i found the suspension and it says i need 3.75 negative back space for wheels, the wheels i was going to get only have 3.625. need to find diffrent wheel?