fog light wiring?

jroddvette

This worked on my 94, you may want to check it out. Remove the switch and determine which wire is power coming from the headlight circuit, which causes the switch to be powered only when the headlights are on. Then just splice in a new power lead from the parking light circuit to replace the one from the headlights to the switch. That way it all works the same, the switch is functional, only the fogs come on with the parking lights. Very simple, only took a few minutes really. But that's on an older one, so check it all out first with your switch.

Guest hurasame

With all due respect, I try not to mess with the electrical system for my car or any car. If it ain't broke, no need to fix it. I can imagine you want that "fog look", but I would have to think to myself if it's necessary.

I saw some where (maybe on this forum) where someone had modified the fog light relay to work even when the head lights were off. It was something like finding the leg of the relay that closes the relay when the headlights are on. they trimmed that off and pulled the cover off the relay and bent the contacts so they were closed all the time. This should allow the fogs to be turned on any time, but could be left on when the key was off. I think if I were going to try this i would find another relay to experiment with and keep the factory one unmodified. That way if it didnt work you could just put the factory one back in and be back to the way it was.

You might check local laws...they might not allow fog lights to be on when only the parking lights are on....I think thats why car makers wire fg lights and auxillary driving lights the main headlamp part of the switch.....I know here in SoCal it is a moving violation...

You might check local laws...they might not allow fog lights to be on when only the parking lights are on....I think thats why car makers wire fg lights and auxillary driving lights the main headlamp part of the switch.....I know here in SoCal it is a moving violation...

There is a point with this. Some areas, particularly CA, may be really strict about this. I know around there, they don't seem to care. I've been pulled over for other reasons with them on, and have had no problems, and I've done it on every car/truck I've had for the last 8 years or so, since high school. But who knows what's up in your local area.

I havent had any problems driving around in my maxima with just parking lights and fogs on..... I see BMWs and Pontiacs driving around all the time same setup and they can do it stock.

On my Maxima when I rewired the fogs to come on with the parking lights, all i did was cut a wire from the fog relay and tap into the running lights power. This same method would work on a pathy, only problem is figuring which color wires to cut and tap since it might be different......