V8 or V6 coils?

madhatter_xe

I finally found some coils I can use to lift my truck..I think??!

They are labeled "1993 Jeep Cherokee" They have a 4" inner diameter and look like the V8 coils posted. I'm just wondering if there is a way to tell the difference between the V6 or V8 coils? or do they just have a different spring rate??

Anybody know the difference?

Cheers!

--------------------

yeah, i'm pretty sure you need the ones out of a V8 donor truck. Ask anyone who's done the conversion. I'm waiting for my springs right now and I got some from a 95 Jeep Grand (V8) Cherokee.

well i know i need the V8 springs, but i'm thinkin maybe the guys at the autoyard didn't label the springs properly and they are actually off a "Grand" cherokee (V8)

So I was hoping someone knew if there is a way of confirming they are off a V8 or V6. But I might just head back out there and do some more measuring.

Thanks!

Hey there ! I'm planning on doing this mod, and after reading this post I thought "wait a minute, do you pull the donor coils from the front or rear of the JGC ?" I had assumed the rear, but discussion about engine weight implies the front. Someone clue me in please... :o

Bernard

Yep. The rear coils on a JGC are shorter than the fronts. Basically the only way to tell a 4.0L front spring from a V8 spring is by measuring coil wire thickness. A Cherokee 4.0 spring runs between .48-.5" and a JGC front spring runs either .52 or .59. I have a set of the .59 springs installed right now, they give a full 3" of lift.