Chevy Small Block,5 Speed Swap...

Ok,so after a lot of thought,I'm going to restore my pathy to the best of my abilty(frame welded and fixed in front,new paint)My stock automatic failed almost a year ago now and it has sat since,only being started and idled around a few times to make sure the fluid keeps moving.Now I've come to a problem.Its ether get rid of it(shoving it in back),starting the resto now and doing getting a stock 5 speed,or dusting of my monte carlo 305 and steal the 5 speed out of my uncles old 4x chevy and do the swap(engine will probly be going in this winter)

I know that I will need drive shafts,adapter for the tx10 and to notch the frame in front for the engine to fit,plus all the stuff for the tranny(master cylinder,peddles...) I really dont know what else though,my plan is to keep it carbed(2 barrel) and maybe add headers if they'll fit...And any help is welcome...

The block of a 305 is the as a 350, no? 4x4parts.com offers a conversion kit with motor mounts and adaptors for GM transmissions to bolt to the Nissan TX-10 transfer case.

It will be straight forward since it's only a carburated engine, no electronics make things nice. You should consider a body lift... it might be a tight fit without. With some metal fab anything is possible.

Check out Cardomain - there's quite a few 350 conversions on there.

The block of a 305 is the as a 350, no? 4x4parts.com offers a conversion kit with motor mounts and adaptors for GM transmissions to bolt to the Nissan TX-10 transfer case.

It will be straight forward since it's only a carburated engine, no electronics make things nice. You should consider a body lift... it might be a tight fit without. With some metal fab anything is possible.

Check out Cardomain - there's quite a few 350 conversions on there.

all small blocks from 95 back are the same,9other then lt1s and 55 265 v8s)

I'm looking at doing the same thing, hopefully this summer, and have found people who said that with a 3" BL, there's no need to do any modification to the firewall. That's the route I'm going to go. If you get to it before me, post some pics and help for any problems you run into. Good luck!

I hope to drop the engine in sometime this winter(read,I'm slow) I gotta take the body off any way to fix the rust by the engine mounts and to fully rebox the frame.I plan on starting it today by taking the front end off and possibly making a front bumper with a reciver hitch in it.I planned on the body lift so I could fit 33s.Goodluck!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...