Options For Pulling My Truck Out By The Rear

is there anything i can do or buy to be able to have people pull me out by the rear of my car? for example, d rings, shackles, etc. i don't want to buy a hitch. i have a 1999.5 and there are tow hooks on the front. in the winter i got stuck in 2 1/2 feet of snow, and the absolute only solution was to pull me out by the rear axle. thank god everything turned out okay. thanks! -Rob

img2738.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Honestly a hitch is the best/easiest way to mount something up. It distributes the stresses between both "frame" rails which is good when getting tugged.

But here's what I did back when I first got mine...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18151&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Never actually had a chance to use them but I liked how low profile they were.

Look underneath where the hitch would mount up. I know that when I went to install my hitch I had to take off the factory tow plates. They are just L shaped plates that bolt up to the same location that a hitch would. You should have one on each side, attached by 3 bolts. Now be warned that these are not hooks per say more a plate with a hole in it. So you will need a a strap with a hook on the end or a attachment of some sorts. Im not sure if this came on all pathys or not but just take a look up under there and look for your self.

Here is a pic of the plate and the mount. They are right next to the exhaust and in the same location on the other side of the truck. So just get a hook and you should be set. Or just pic up a cheap used hitch I got mine for 70 bucks at a auto salvage place. Car-Parts.com is a good place to look just type in your zip code and select tow hitch or trailer hitch from the menu and it will show you the locations close to you in miles and the price and condition and also list a phone number.

TowPlate.jpg