Whheling The New Lift More Pics

So safe to say the SFD stayed in place? :tongue:

Sick pictures man! Keep em coming.

it did stay in place, i took it to my friends shop the previous day after the install and re-tightened all the bolts down with a airgun as tight as they would go, went the day after wheeling and they are all still tight.

That is NOT a good idea. You can break/weaken bolts very easily that way... over-torquing stretches bolts so much they lose their elasticity and break under stress.

The truck looks awesome man, and so the trails!

That is NOT a good idea. You can break/weaken bolts very easily that way... over-torquing stretches bolts so much they lose their elasticity and break under stress.

Yes I agree.

The 9/16" bolts on the rear blocks should be torqued to 130 ft-lbs and the 7/16" on the front should be at 60 ft-lbs. The lock washers will keep them tight and blue lock-tight isn't a bad idea either. The blocks won't slip because they can't :)

Depending on the air impact, a crappy one probably can't even get at 100 ft-lbs but some higher end ones can easily get up to 300+. I would suggest loosening the bolts and torquing them back to spec!

Yes, some definitely can reach high torques. I've tested one in my diesel tech class and it reached roughly 280ft/lbs. The spec for the bolt I tested it on was 106ft/lbs.

Are most people using 8.8 or 10.9 grade bolts? I got 10.9s just to be safe but is that the norm?

Truck looks Awesome by the way!

Edited by DanAK

Are most people using 8.8 or 10.9 grade bolts? I got 10.9s just to be safe but is that the norm?

Truck looks Awesome by the way!

I supplied imperial grade 8 fine thread bolts with my kits. You'll want 10.9 or higher for sure.