Pacesetter Headers

Yendor

Remember, Thorleys are the only headers that you can by for our Pathys that are CARB legal....I live in CA so I know I had to have them. Your state? YMMV

Edited by SkiBumBrian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes all 1990+ are fuel injected.

If you have smog tests (I thought they did in Seattle) then you have to get headers that have the threaded hole for the EGR piping, but I don't know if the Pace Setters have that or not.

To be sold in California, components have to be CARB certified which means to be design evaluated/tested to prove they do not increase emissions. Doug Thorley headers (made in California incidentally) are the only ones available for a Pathfinder that are CARB certified and can be sold in Ca.

B

I have the pacesetters and they do have the EGR port on them. I also have emissions testing here and it passes perfectly (two times so far) with the headers and my horribly pieced together exhaust that goes after them lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked the cheapest one available through rockauto.com. Probably a Walker which is basically crap but the price was right and it's lasted several years so far. I use a high temp paint for all my exhaust products to try to cut down on the effect of the northeast salts in the winters.

• 2 weeks later...

So, in addition to ordering my Lift kit i'm trying to get some headers too. Considering Pacesetter. and obviously hearing mix reviews about them. i've used Pacesetter on my FC for a long time, and only issue i had was cracking (which was due to a failed motor mount)

so what are the common issues with Headers on Pathfinders?? (Minus the head Stud Issues. i work at nissan.... i know about them lol)

They don't fit properly at all, the set I got had to be cut and they rusted badly after just one winter. I will probably have to buy the thorleys at some point because I was being cheap the first time.

I took a bracket off of the rear driver's side valvecoverwireholder thingy that is directly in the way of the flange on #6 tube... damned pain once everything is on and in place.

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder