Weird vibration at 55-65 MPH

JB3829

No clunking noises and I don't think the local tire shop used a flange plate adapter...I'm wondering if it has something to do with a driveshaft. The vibration shows up with overdrive on or off. :shrug:

In my experience vibrations that occur between 55 and 65 are almost always a rear-wheels balancing problem. I'd take it back to where they were balanced, explain the problem, and ask them to check the balance again. I've never had a shop deny that service and it has almost always corrected the problem. Let us know.

jim

I'd take it back to where they were balanced, explain the problem, and ask them to check the balance again.

Good advice, but without using the flange plate adapter on the 97 SE wheels as described in TSB 98-102, getting a good balance on those wheels will be pure luck. Definitely ask if they have a flange plate adapter and mention that it is required for your wheels, maybe they'll pick up the tab for a Nissan dealer balance since they should have the right adapter.

If they don't know what you are talking about show them this pic:

http://groups.msn.com/LewisPictures/shoebo...hoto&PhotoID=10

This allows the wheel to be centered on the balance machine via the lugs vs. the hub hole.