Locking Hub Install With Pictures

From my experience with Amazon and EBay's (and even some part store systems) they are not always right. Go to the manufacturers website, find the part number that fits your application, and go from there. If Warn says it fits, then don't listen to Amazon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread was very helpful. Thank you!

I succeeded with my installation, and wanted to share these with you:

So as you can see on 2001 pathfinder, with this type of wheels, the hub cups fit nicely over installed locking hubs, and I didn't see the need for extending studs.

wheel.JPG

hub.JPG

stud.JPG

Edited by radex7

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the fact that I'll have to stop, get out of the car and turn them on as opposed to just pulling the lever. So that means I would have them engaged all winter and disengaged in the summer unless I go offroading...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you very much! you help me a lot.

I bought warn manual lock hubs from amazon, when i wanted to instal them, no body have the courage to install it since its a new thing for most of the mechanics here :(

• 1 month later...

Is the procedure the same for all R50 ?

Is it good for 96 to 04 or is it only for R50 second gen ?

Thanks

Was this question ever answered? I've got a '96 with manual t-case. I thought I saw somewhere else only the facelifted r50s benefit from manual hubs.

i have manual hubs on both my pathys a 96 and a 01 and it definetly improved the gas mileage on both of them for the 70 bucks i paid for both pairs they have paid for themselves in gas saved.

these

2012-10-31181727.jpg

on this

2012-11-04213554.jpg

and this

2013-02-04152239_zpsf9d3f01b.jpg

are the only reason i can afford both lol

the 96 picked up about 2-3mpg

and the 01 picked up about 3-4

and to answer the question install is the same on both take six min with ring clip pliers

Edited by shoesandsocks
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-PATHFINDER-90-07-LOCKING-HUB-Manual-Set-of-2-28-Splines-6-Bolt-001-/161006978901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan&hash=item257cc38755&vxp=mtr#ht_2863wt_1133

bought the ones for the 01 in october no problem the 96 i bought in february have had no problems with either and at a great price howerever the second i find a set of autohubs that fit these go bye bye

• Like 1

Yes, the R50s dont have auto hubs, but drive flanges. This causes our CVs to spin all the time causing excessive drag and unneeded wear and tear. With these you can actually feel the difference in rolling resistance when you coast

Although, I strongly believe your mileage (ie experience, sorry for the pun) may vary in regards to fuel savings

I see no improvement to fuel economy when I have them locked or unlocked; it's generally 17mpg mixed driving for me. But, like I said, maybe it's a small population that see no fuel savings.

I still think it's a worthwhile update to the rig.

Sent from TapaAtrix

Edited by Qx4donald

• 5 weeks later...

Total abject failure this evening. Home from work early, decide to tackle this...two hours later, still didn't have the first hub off.

Decide to pop the dust cap off the 2nd side and noticed quite the difference.

PASS SIDE

hIMLPmV.jpg

DRIVER'S SIDE (my headache)

TFM57EE.jpg

I could not get the driver's side off at all. It's stuck (rusted) to the axle something fierce.

Ideas? Does it look like my passenger side install will go smoothly? So frustrated.

Rusted like that here in the dirty south? Something ain't right 'bout that.

I'd soak them down over the next couple of days with some penetrating oil (PB Blaster is what I'd recommend) and try again later? Tap them with a mallet before you start to pry could help as well.

• Like 1

my 96 looked similar i knew i had to replace the axle so idid what devonianwalk said but i used the wd40 rust eater and a bfg and it broke right out neither of the stock pieces were usable but i had a new axle and the manual hub so care i did not but do what the man says at first okay