This Might Sound Crazy

I was on 4x4parts.com tonight and happened across the 4 inch HB fenders. they are fiberglass. has anyone tried these on a pathy? would they work? (in theory?)

that would leave us with non-modded rear fenders. has anyone done custom sheet metal or found a company that sells sheet metal rear fenders for a HB or pathy? my idea was to take those flares and fab them into the pathy sides to make in effect 4 inch sheet metal flares.

any suggestions or thoughts?

yes they are glass and they don't line up perfect. and there is not any for the rear.

If you are good with glass (I work in a professional sheetmetal & composite shop) you can probably turn the bed sides into a nice looking over panel for

a 2dr pathfinder by matching up the bodyline, starting @ the back of the door and stopping @ the lights. The 4dr would be harder since the bulge has already started before the end of the back door but mabe a donor pathy skin could be masaged into a wider over panel.

either way allot of smooth filling, sanding fill primer, std primer and finally a new topcoat will be required....

lots of custom body work, may or may not be worth it....

The fiberglass bedsides they sell for the HB have a look like dually bedsides. There is a big square bump out instead of a smooth bulge. At least the ones AC sells are like that, one of the regulars on their forums from Hawaii had installed them a few years back.

Fronts do fit, and do bulge out a bit, but are a much smoother bulge, more like stock.

thats basically what i was thinking. i really do like the fronts, and may just have to find a way to fab the rears. i have a friend who owns a custom shop. maybe i can get him to help with the fab. i feel like if i basically copy the front as a mold and then mold them into the rears i could achieve the effect i'm looking for.

Fronts will bolt on, just not line up that great without help(they don't line up that great on HBs from what I've read in the past when I was gonna do them on a HB) The rears look horrible in my opinion, as GG said, look like a crappy dually not a smooth transition like the fenders. That and I have a dislike for 'glass pannels...