What To Do About My Exhaust?

DanAK

Yeah I have heard my pathy with no exhaust, it was not great. I don't think I will do a cutout anymore, I am trying to decide whether or not to do custom headers. I have two shops that can do it but it would be a problem to re-register. This country sucks for good modifications. No steel bumpers, no headers, no tires outside your fenders, and absolutely no new welding anywhere!

ah i see. Wish i had a 3.5 so i could do the same. With the 3.3L, i can only floor it against garbage trucks and buses, otherwise its a guaranteed loss.

Im willing to bet that the 99 Pathfinder / QX4 was the slowest SUV sold (in north america) that year.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor poor boy, coulda had a VQ :D But in all seriousness I can still hit 60 in about 8 seconds with 33's :) And can hit the limiter if I have an open stretch of road :D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor poor boy, coulda had a VQ :D But in all seriousness I can still hit 60 in about 8 seconds with 33's :) And can hit the limiter if I have an open stretch of road :D

What do you mean "hit the limiter"? in what gear? I can get up to the limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th. Can you hit it in your top gear, and if so what speed are you going.

I was happy to find out that I can still spin my tires even though they are 33s now. I don't know what my top speed is now with the bigger tires, but with 31s I could go 195kph.

Anyway the VQ35DE is a wicked awesome engine!

I had 2 1/4" done on my old 87 with a flowmaster, not sure of the series of the muffler it was when flowmaster first came out it sounded really good until the muffler cracked, than I went to a Borla muffler, rest of pipe was stainless, also did not have the cat on for a while but don't think removing the cat does much. In 4 low it really sounded wicked, especially when winding it out !!

What do you mean "hit the limiter"? in what gear? I can get up to the limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th. Can you hit it in your top gear, and if so what speed are you going.

I was happy to find out that I can still spin my tires even though they are 33s now. I don't know what my top speed is now with the bigger tires, but with 31s I could go 195kph.

Anyway the VQ35DE is a wicked awesome engine!

Top Speed limiter, at 104. Well nissan claims its limited to 104, but the fastest I have gone with the 33's is 101 confirmed by a GPS navigation unit with a speedometer in it :)

ah i see. Wish i had a 3.5 so i could do the same. With the 3.3L, i can only floor it against garbage trucks and buses, otherwise its a guaranteed loss.

Im willing to bet that the 99 Pathfinder / QX4 was the slowest SUV sold (in north america) that year.

You people and the VQ, hahaha...

Like Fueler, I'm happy enough if I can race a garbage truck/ bus in the city or maybe adamzan's pathy if hes not looking, hahaha... With the standard transmission, the first gear goes up to like 25km/h before upshift, 2nd gear to 45, 3rd or 4th gear at 60km/h depending on my driving mood. The cycle repeats at every traffic light and my arm is sore by the time I hit the highway, hahaha... I realize anything above 3500rpm doesn't give me any more power.

Edited by dududuckling

that is just too bad, I have never driven an older pathfinder. But I guess that my pathfinder doesn't have a speed limiter because I can get up to 117 mph.

Aeroturbine sounds great even at 90 MPH climbing a mountain! At high speeds it sounds like stock but louder. During lower speeds, well check out the idle vid that I have, you can hear its tone.

Edited by 02silverpathy