Torsion Bars

94 Pathy

:blink:

So, if I re-index my original torsion bars, would they stay? I think it would be a great way t osave $$$$$$$$$ if it truely works... I just purchased some Ford coils for the rear for $10.00 for the pair. Thinking about parting my suspension lift together instead of CALMINI if the torsion bit will work. I'm reading NOT to purchase the AC control arms. I'm thinking that if I have to go with the CALMINI, then I might as well buy the whole kit for a couple hundred dollars more and have everything new and ready to go. :shrug: So, what do you all think about that? :confused:

Thanks for all the imput! :beer:

I reindexed my Tbars on my 87 before the motor went, and WOW did it make a GREAT Improvment in Ride height and stability. what i did was Get the Splines aligned where the Adjuster was out of the little bar at the Bottom and the Wedge it back together with a Long Screwdriver. then i ran it up with a Impact wrench. Brough that front end up about 2-3 Inches from what it was, and lost a LOT of Body Roll. Id Try it before replacing!

Good info ! The front end on my 95XE is soggy and it is not just the shocks !! I have to drop the T-bars to do my clutch in a week or two, so I'm going to try it ! I'll let you know if anything snaps, cracks or colapses. Otherwise I'll just talk about how cool it is :P

Bernard

Thanks for the info. I'll try it and hope it will save me the money on new torsion bars. Expect more questions, since I've never dealt with this before. If this works, the only thing I will have to purchase is the upper control arms and shocks. Thanks amillion! :beer:

I'm getting ready to order my CALMINI Kit Monday morning! -bounce- :D

I think I will reindex my torsion bars and maybe sell them cheap to someone that won't have a clue! :aok:

Hoping to get it by Wed. and have it installed by Thurs or Fri. B)

when cranking on the tbars.. how do you make sure you get both sides up evenly.. and once it gets to the maximum height will they stop turning or what? I just dont know what to expect.. im gonna get some jgc coils when i get to mississippi.. which by the way is where i got my first orders too... anyway.. i plan on doing all the work myself.. so if anyone could tell me what tools ill be needing and what are some major probs that could happen.. i would appreciate it. and for anyone that gives a rats a$$ i got married 3 weeks ago.. i havent been on here a lot cus ive been in school.. but i will be once i get to my ship.. anyway thanks for all your help

Hey Jonsey. C-grats on the marrage, may it be a long happy one... I just got all my clutch parts today (hopefully start on it this week) and when I reassemble, I'll fiddle with the T-bars. I'll give you a heads up then; probable about 1 week. Be well.

Bernard

:bow:

Supporting the TROOPS! Congrat's on the Marriage thing! Life goes to s*#t after! Just kidding I've been with my wife for 6 yrs married and over all 11 yrs. I hope you enjoyed the Honeymoon!

Good luck and GOD BLESS for a safe return if you are departed over to the sandbars!

:aok: