Auto Locking Hubs To Manual Locking Hubs Conversion?

Vanganator

Can Auto Hubs be converted to Manual Locking hubs? I was at a Nissan dealership today, and they said no. I thought it was always possible.

If it is possible, could I use a manual locking Hub from another 90 Pathfinder on my auto hub of my 90 Pathfinder? There's one on eBay right now I thought about getting, and before I do, I want to make sure it's possible. And what else do I need to do to convert it?

Thanks in advance...and Thanks for everyone's patience.

on a 90 yes. if you look at more than half the rigs on here they have manual hubs. dealers are dicks who want your money thinking you have to replace your auto hubs so they told you not to. i remember reading something on here about the push button set up you can't.. but with a 90 there shouldn't be a problem, im looking at getting some too. make sure the ones on ebay are the right ones though.

Yep I did it on my 97 with some Mile Maker hubs and everything works great and actually getting alot better milage.

16mpg in town and Got 20mpg with mostly highway today going snowboarding.

Edited by 12161216

Anyone have instructions to install these besides the one that came with the warn man. hubs? It's crap instructions...and it's like a copy of a copy of a copy so and can't hardly read some of the words. I'm sure it's pretty much simple task, but just want to make sure how much grease, and where to put grease in...etc etc...