Winch Mounting

TooQForYou

If you managed to get a 2" receiver welded up onto the front of the truck, you could always use a winch in a carrier:

41a3R2wFXXL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Plus it will let you easily move it to the back if you need to winch from the rear.

Most brush guards will not support a winch as they are not load barring. You will likely end up ripping the brush guard off the front of the truck.

If you managed to get a 2" receiver welded up onto the front of the truck, you could always use a winch in a carrier:

41a3R2wFXXL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Plus it will let you easily move it to the back if you need to winch from the rear.

Most brush guards will not support a winch as they are not load barring. You will likely end up ripping the brush guard off the front of the truck.

That's the route I'd like to go.

At first I wanted to mount a winch in/on a bumper, but the more I thought about it, the more having a portable winch would be better. You are less likely to have the winch stolen or have it damaged if it is not mounted on the truck when you don't need it. Plus I really like the idea of being able to attach it to the rear of the truck if I end up in a situation where I need to back out. Hell you can even lend it to a friend if they need it. It will be more trouble to haul it out of the truck and attach it to the front or rear when you need it, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. It is not perfect, but nothing is.

The carrier is also pretty cheap as well, costing under $100 (not including the winch naturally).

Edited by Northernpathy

At first I wanted to mount a winch in/on a bumper, but the more I thought about it, the more having a portable winch would be better. You are less likely to have the winch stolen or have it damaged if it is not mounted on the truck when you don't need it. Plus I really like the idea of being able to attach it to the rear of the truck if I end up in a situation where I need to back out. Hell you can even lend it to a friend if they need it. It will be more trouble to haul it out of the truck and attach it to the front or rear when you need it, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. It is not perfect, but nothing is.

The carrier is also pretty cheap as well, costing under $100 (not including the winch naturally).

Ok cool.

I just found this thread, which goes along with what you were saying.