I'm Not So New.

94stickpathy

Hi. I'm 21. I'm just a guy. I have a girlfriend. She loves the pathy more than she loves me. That's okay. At least its mutual.

This is not my first pathy but the first I've registered on here. I used to have 2001 R50 with custom front end body gaps. I tried to take a hill head on. And lost. It was pretty much stock, Bose sound system, automatic tranny. I squeezed some 31x10.5x16 BFGs on it for giggles. They rubbed, I loved it, and my mpg died. It ran for about 100k miles and then the heart just gave out. Sadly, I was unable to get the money to fix it, and it went away to auction.

NOW, on to happier news. I recently was given (yes for basically free) a 94 pathy. It's white. 4 door. Has that nice dash we all love. Its a manual. Has only 80k mostly highway miles. And the clutch is bad, though I dont know how bad yet. Overall, its not too shabby for paying nothing.

I live in a small town in MD in the United States. I'm in my last semester at the local community college trying to get a degree in autoCAD and Inventor. I want a good full time job doing one or both. Somethings arent so great about this small town USA. Lift laws and tire laws suck here so if I plan on being good it will take a lot of gray area to get the results I want legally for my pathy. I'll give you a hint though, I dont plan on being good. As for mods, all that I want for now is pretty small stuff. I want a pop-charger because people on here told me to want one. Though a SAS swap would be great, I dont think my daily driver will handle it. SO, instead i'm going for a moderate lift, tires, some nice flares, good sound system, and some aftermarket lighting. I don't know how to feel about body lifts mainly because I can just see how lots of problems would happen. However, I will be looking around on here to get a better idea of what the real deal is. Now I know this is small compared to some of the crawlers on here but then again I still have to be able to make the 45 minute highway drive to and from school and work.

I also drive an 87 Camry with a JDM 3S-GE engine. This engine is just slightly not exactly what is meant to be put in this car. It gets great gas mileage. It doesnt break down. Thus, it does the job I ask of it.

Besides all of that, feel free to PM me or comment me or what not. I would love input on the pathy, the tranny problem, or just good talk about wheelin!

Whats the tranny do? Does it grind or is it just hard to shift,if it grinds then yeah you need a new clutch(or slips) and if its hard to shift(no grinding just real stiff) then its ether low fluid or bad syincaniser's(cant spell the word,tryed to sound it out)

Welcome!! Congrats on the pathy, that's really low miles so it should last you quite a while.

About the clutch, that is a little early for it to have failed with normal driving. I recommend that you replace the fluid/bleed the system. Flush it all through at the slave cylinder and then bleed the dampener unit on the passenger fire wall. See what it is like after that before making any hard decisions.

Sounds like good plans for your truck. You will be suprised how far a few mods will get you off road. Don't be nervous about body lifts, they aren't too hard to do and very few problems have ever been reported. There are plenty of threads about them so poke around and read up.

Just to give you an idea, here is a picture of my daily driver with a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 31" tires...

Pathytires002.jpg

B

Welcome! Don't fear the body lift as said, many people here with them... 2" and 3" (personally have a 3" BL). Definaly give the clutch hydraulic system a good bleed and fresh juice before jumping into a clutch job, it won't hurt either way and may solve your problem with a bit of fluid and some of your time over some of your hard earned $$$.

and you can keep your 94 dash, give me my dated, boring, style-less square dash :aok:

Has only 80k mostly highway miles / I want a pop-charger because people on here told me to want one.

omg, go drive it! The pop charger is amazing, can't go wrong with JWT products.

and you can keep your 94 dash, give me my dated, boring, style-less square dash :aok:

I second this! Love my square, forehead splitting, hard to clean in the corners dash. Ok. Well now that we have that out of the way...

:welcome:

thanks to all about the info on bleeding the system etc. i'll look into that. and i'll know more about the clutch issues when i get it up at my house in my garage. its down at the guy who is giving it to me because he is scared to drive it. he's the original owner. and put every single mile on it. its hard to believe in 10 years it only has 80k. wild. oh and for pezzy, thats about 128747.5 kilometers. Give or take.

I want a BL now. it's official. i just forsaw lots of problems with linkages and such failing. thats about it. either way, i gotta get a way to shove those super swampers under it that i just so happen to have laying around. =)

Thanks for making me feel welcome!

EDIT: I will keep my dash, thank you. :) I happen to like it.

Edited by 94stickpathy