Starting Issue

Kingman

I've been having a weird starting problem going on now for a few weeks. The truck will start fine when it's cold, but when it's warmed up sometimes it will either:

A) Sort of start, to where I can see the tach barely move then die.

B)Start at 500RPM, and then slowly raise to normal warm idle (800RPM).

C) Start completely normal. Engine catches and revs to 1200RPM smoothly and then drops back down to idle, like it should be doing every time.

D) Start the same as C, but instead of dropping back to idle it just dies.

If does A, then it will crank for a while longer before it sputters to life. Stepping on the gas seems to help but I'm not quite sure. However, when it acts up it'll start and run within 3 tries. It did do something weird yesterday though, it started fine but idled up to 1600, exactly where it idles to when it's completely cold. I hit the gas and it idled normally. I thought that was weird, indicator of a sticking or problematic IACV?

I thought it may have been a fuel filter so I replaced that but it didn't help. Plugs, cap, and rotor are new. I cleaned the MAF sensor and connections as well, no change.

The computer isn't throwing any codes and according to the Snap-On unit the MAF sensor, O2 sensor, and TPS sensor are working perfectly.

Once it's running it runs perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Edited by Kingman

Have you checked the ECU codes??

B

The computer isn't throwing any codes
:lol:

I plugged the computer back in yesterday in shop and every test came out perfect. However, I was fiddling with the MAF sensor and wiggling the wiring made it run different or killed it. So I took the connections off and :omg: talk about corrosion! I cleaned every prong and socket off real good and now wiggling the wires doesn't change anything. But...the problem is still there. :thumbsdown: