Flat Upper Radiator Hose

olddirtyrake

Hello, I have an issue where My radiator hose is going flat on the upper side. I replaced the hose and it still seems to want to flatten. Could this have anything to do with my waterpump? I'm going to replace my radiator cap and see if that does anything. Just looking for some insight on what could be going on here. Its getting to the point where I've worked on this thing more than I've driven it. Hope everything quiets down after this so I can rest in peace for awhile without worrying about checking under the hood everyday. Thanks

Check the little hose on the overflow bottle,it may have had oil run in it at one point.If its good it will feel stiff,if its bad it will be like a wet noodle when you squize it.A radiator cap could cause the problem,also not anuff coolant(head gasket/water pump or a cracked hose)Mine did the same thing and it was the over flow hose,90degree hose on the intake and the water pump and the rubber aound the cap was torn off.It may just be a bad hose too...hope this helps

Yes, it sounds like you are developing a vacuum in the cooling system. First, burp it and get as much air out as possible, then check the radiator cap and the coolant resevoir line for clogs. :shrug:

B

gonna ditto B's post.

Recently worked on my brother's prelude that was exhibiting the same behavior. The nipple to the reservoir tank was clogged, so it couldn't draw in the coolant when it cooled off. a few minutes with a paperclip took care of that (had to be careful not to get it in the radiator).

Edited by BenStoked