Bucket Seats And 5 Or 6 Point Belts?

zachbiz

Hey, im about to buy a 93, 94 or 95 pathfinder this weekend or next. Im not so keen on the whole single driver airbag situation so iv'e been looking into other safety gear. I have always been a fan of racing harnesses and dont mind (sometimes prefer) driving with them. the problem is, how would i go about dropping in something like sparco or recaro seats and 6 or 5 point seat belts?

The seats shouldnt be a problem, but for the belts, you would need to do a roll cage in the back and possibly lose the use of the back seat. Not worth it in my opinion, your vehicle is only as safe as the person who is driving it (YOU).

maybe if you're ripping through the desert, but i don't think i would like to wear a 5 point belt around town or on the trail. I like to be able to lean out the window and watch my wheels

Hey, im about to buy a 93, 94 or 95 pathfinder this weekend or next. Im not so keen on the whole single driver airbag situation so iv'e been looking into other safety gear. I have always been a fan of racing harnesses and dont mind (sometimes prefer) driving with them. the problem is, how would i go about dropping in something like sparco or recaro seats and 6 or 5 point seat belts?

I tried to put sparco on mine and it didnt work..too wide...You wont be able to close your doors ..It would probably work if you take the center console armrest out. The problem I ran into is the left side of the seat is hitting the armrest and if i move it towards the door to clear the armrest it hits the door handle.

I was told that a 2004-2008 subaru wrx seat would work and those I believe are sparcos

D from OZ is right, you'll have to devise a way to mount the harness above and behind your shoulders. If you mount it lower, you'll compress your spine in a front-end collision. You might not need a full roll cage, but you would prolly need to put at least a hoop in behind the front seats. Take a look at some of the manufacturer's mounting suggestions, though. They're might be something way trick out there that you could use.

As far as seats, I'd go with a pair of suspension seats for offroad.

ive been looking at "off road" performance seats and they are basically bucket seats with super squishy foam and/or springs. also, ive seen a compact harness bar in an Evo X and it allowed the rear seat to still be habitable, probably not the safest, but thats why you have 5 point belts back there too? seems like its turning into a worse situation. im sure it could be done in a compact way though. hmmm, we'll see.

edit: and i believe that both the Evo and STI's pack recaro seats.

Edited by zachbiz

harness bar....I have a design all built in my head, but I don't have a real great way of getting it on paper

i'm workin on this in my head too! but will probally go full prerunner cage when I do it, because there is no turning back once you hit the point of no return.