One Last Lift Question

pathydaddy

so i now have the money to do the 3in ucs and jgc coil lift and was gonna order some rough country UCS due to the fact there on 55 bucks a piece.. but everyhting i have read on here says it will give 3 in of lift in the front with the ucs but on RC website they advertise it to only be 1.5-2 in.. can someone enlighted me on here as i want to run 33s so i was plannin on doin a 3in BL too but its not worht it if im only gonna get 1.5-2 off the ucs... also other than shocks the ucs and jgc coils is all im gonna need on the suspension end right?

YOU LIE!!

Ok, I'm over it...

It all matters how high you crank the torsion bars. 1.5-2" is probably just the manufacturer recommended amount. Have you never exceeded anything like that?? :D

I did a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift and run 31" tires with the stock fender flares and I have plenty of clearance. The backspacing of the rims does matter and how you set your steering stops. You should be able to run 33" tires with a 2+3" lift and maybe trim or remove the fender flares. Anyway, you are not talking about a lot of difference...

Did that answer your concerns? Do both lifts and buy your 33" tires... ;)

B

YOU LIE!!

Ok, I'm over it...

It all matters how high you crank the torsion bars. 1.5-2" is probably just the manufacturer recommended amount. Have you never exceeded anything like that?? :D

I did a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift and run 31" tires with the stock fender flares and I have plenty of clearance. The backspacing of the rims does matter and how you set your steering stops. You should be able to run 33" tires with a 2+3" lift and maybe trim or remove the fender flares. Anyway, you are not talking about a lot of difference...

Did that answer your concerns? Do both lifts and buy your 33" tires... ;)

B

Precise you answered it perfectly... i runnin 31s with flairs with no torsion adjustment right now.. i would think even doin a 3in BL would be enough for 33s but then again maybe not (oh yea flares are off and there flawless and for sale lol)

i would think even doin a 3in BL would be enough for 33s but then again maybe not (oh yea flares are off and there flawless and for sale lol)

Lots of people think that, most agree otherwise.

If you want to trim fenders then yes you can make it work. Some have, but you will have more severe rubbing.

The general rule is: 3+3=33 (3in Body Lift and a 3in Suspension Lift allows you to run 33in Tires)

Not everyone cranks the t-bars to get a full 3in. Seems not all trucks are happy with the full 3in either. Some blow through CV Boots/ and or joints fast while some others do not.

3in BL + 2-3in (adjust to taste and function) suspension lift should give yo the needed clearance for 33's thumbsup.gif

Precise you answered it perfectly...

Please never tell him that again!

bobdob0008.jpg

lol.gif

Be careful cranking the bejeesus out of your t-bars, and not just for the aforementioned problems. I have Superlift A-arms (same design) and cranked them a little too high and it threw off my steering geometry. In a slow turn, your inside front wheel might track a much tighter circle than it's supposed to and end up doing this /-/ instead of this /-/. Before anyone comments, I realize the inside wheel is supposed to track a smaller circle and therefore will be kicked out a bit more, but not that much.

cha_cha_right.jpg

cha_cha_left.jpg

Lots of people think that, most agree otherwise.

If you want to trim fenders then yes you can make it work. Some have, but you will have more severe rubbing.

The general rule is: 3+3=33 (3in Body Lift and a 3in Suspension Lift allows you to run 33in Tires)

Not everyone cranks the t-bars to get a full 3in. Seems not all trucks are happy with the full 3in either. Some blow through CV Boots/ and or joints fast while some others do not.

3in BL + 2-3in (adjust to taste and function) suspension lift should give yo the needed clearance for 33's thumbsup.gif

Please never tell him that again!

bobdob0008.jpg

lol.gif

Real funny Red!! I quit smoking last summer...

biggrin.gif

B

Real funny Red!! I quit smoking last summer...

biggrin.gif

B

I thought it was great, congrats on quitting.

wow red, thats extreme turning! also cranking so high that you need more than 3/8 alignment shims may or may not lead to more problems.(or maybe I'm just too hard on my IFS)

As has been said above... + I went the 3+3 route with JGC springs and SwawAway Tbars, but eventually dialed the front back to around 2". For one, the rear sagged over time with the tire carrier and some flexy trails, and replacing front end parts gets spendy. The lift adjustment is fully up to you, but I'd recommend not maxing it out.

2WD/4WD Pathfinders and 4WD Hardbody's = Same thing (top and bottom)

2WD Hardbody "Looks" the same in the FSM, but that is no guaranty. You could verify it by getting dealer part numbers. If it's the same part number, then it's the same part between the two. But I can tell you that HB LCA's ARE different on the 2WD's

that reminds me of fronter thread where a guy ran 2wd frontier UCA's upsidedown and backwards(L&Rswap) as lift UCA's on his 4wd fronty. or something like that. I know, not totally related but thats what your post made me think of.