Hey

obolus

Hey folks. Found this site while searching around the web for info on my truck. Looking for parts too, but I'll save that for a different thread.

I recently bought an 89 4WD. I needed a cheapish reliable truck to haul around my music gear. After some searching and patience, I found a good deal on a silver 89. Other than the body being in rough shape and some minor cosmetic issues in the interior, everything else was great. The A/C works like a charm (thank god, Florida summers = death heat). The 4x4 works even though I prob will never use it. It even came with a nice head unit (CD/MP3 player) and decent speakers. It was exactly what I was looking for and more. I bought it for a great price and have been driving it regularly without any issues. It's got 170xxx miles on the clock now. Besides the mediocre gas mileage, I'm quite pleased with it, especially for the price I paid. :D

I used to be really into performance stuff when I was younger. I owned a few slow imports I thought were fast (hey, they were still fun to drive), then I stepped into the world of muscle cars. After gas prices started going sky high and expenses got tighter, I eventually moved on to motorcycles. Now, I'm a freelance web/graphic professional and I'm also a musician. I bought my truck for cheap (I sold my bike and used some of the money to buy some music gear, mind you) and am currently saving up for another bike. I miss riding too much, especially riding around with friends... and the gas mileage.

Anyway, I'm not looking into doing any mods to my truck really. Just a nice place to learn more about my truck and maybe buy some parts. See you all around the boards.

Hey Obo, welcome to NPORA. You just need to try 4 wheel drive a few times to make sure it works and keep everything lubed. (the first fix is for free...) :D

I miss riding too much, especially riding around with friends... and the gas mileage.

Anyway, I'm not looking into doing any mods to my truck really

As a bike lover, I hear you, but what if the mods get you better gas mileage??? :whistle:

B