Door Lock Linkage

Guest nitrousx

Guest nitrousx

The linkage from my lock cynlider is not hooked up. I am having trouble connecting it. There are three peices a yellow thing, a small white spacer and a white protector. I can get the yellow thing connected into the hole ok without the spacer or protector. I have found that without the spacer the yellow thing falls out.

Is there any easy or easier way to install this? It is kinda a cramped space.

On another note, my friend joined the army and gave me his vehicle. I just learned stick in order to drive....so far....I'm liking it....a lot. Pathfinders kick @##.

Thank you - David

I had it happen too only I made a new connector thing-a-ma-jig out of a tiny piece of aluminum and a cotter (spelling) key. Works fine now. But, finding an easy way to work in that door space is not going to happen. I spent a good hour with two needle nose pliers. That, and 5,000 swear words, and my lock was working again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I replaced the factory plastic parts about four times before I decided to find a better solution. I used two split rings (metal). I threaded the first ring to the second ring and then one end to the lock and one end to the lock cylinder. I don't think they'll ever die. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh man.. now if this doesn't hit home, I recently replaced my uhhh yellow thing-a-ma-bober broke, bought one from teh stealer for about 5 bucks, (came with the white spacer dealy too) got it in (my friends mommy helped me :P)

apparently you don't need the white spacer as it just got left out and works fine, (a little loose) but fine.

my passenger door is missing all the inside pretty much, stealer, and I quote, says its going to be "a lot" because you'll have to buy the parts piece by piece rather than a whole assembly for it. Also looking through teh junkyards for those, each and every compatable Pathfinder had been stripped of those parts quite cleanly :P

apparently you don't need the white spacer as it just got left out and works fine, (a little loose) but fine.

This will probably result in your going back in there (not enough fun the 1st time ?), the white spacer is to insure the yellow-thing-a-ma-bob stays in place. Otherwise it'll just fall right out of the hole after a short period. Just leave your door panel off... -bounce-

well exactly I'm not quite sure, the door handle on the outside is gone, I can manage to open the door from the inside and it does latch closed, but the resy of its gone, I suppose if neccesary I could get EXACTLY what I need during the weekend, ANY help is much appreciated :)

This will probably result in your going back in there (not enough fun the 1st time ?), the white spacer is to insure the yellow-thing-a-ma-bob stays in place. Otherwise it'll just fall right out of the hole after a short period. Just leave your door panel off... -bounce-

hehe, well I was told when they installed it that'll I'll probably need to go back and replace that yellow thing after a while anyways.. guess next time it happens I'll seek a real permanent fix, but for now I don't even lock it because I have handy dandy alarm ;P

Guest Sludgefactory

I removed the linkage and plastic pieces from my passenger side,bent the linkage 180 degrees and installed it in the drivers door. I have power locks so it was not a big deal that I could not open the passenger door from outside. :beer:

i have the same problem with my passanger door i can,t lock/unlock it from the outside but i did find a good salution, send my 4year old in the drivers door and he unlocks it for mommy, but only works if hes in a good mood :idea: