insider company info?

slade420

Yesterday i wrote to a company ( for legal reasons will remain nameless) about expanding their product line. This company just so happens to make track kits for 4x4 vehicles. I mentioned how the smallest kit is rated up to 8,800lbs (gross weight)is overkill for a lot of ppl and doesn't warrant spending the 20,000 when your 4x4 weighs less than 4,000lbs. So today

i got a reply from an employee, lets call him Mat*. :sssh:

Anyway, he informed me that his company has designed a track kit for light weight vehicles. He mentioned they are in the final stages of testing, and should be in production by May 1st.

so if Mat does develop a lighter track and for some freak reason its under 10k will you be buying Mat's Tracks? they'd still be pretty heavy wouldn't they?

Depending on price, i would love a set. As for the weight, the series 88 are about 350lbs a corner. it shouldn't make a difference tho, since you can buy the series 88s, they just a cost a lot.

"Trax" would be fun, but when my vehicle isn't even worth $5k, do you really think I'm going to spend twice that for new shoes? No

Not saying there aren't people who would buy them, I'm sure they would be good in a lot of commercial apps that require smaller vehicles.

I realize they are not right for everyone. Personally, I live in a remote area. i look at the terrain around here and it could provide very useful. A ten minute trail ride from my house and you can find deep mud, deep snow, sand, rocks (giant smooth rock faces you can drive on) , muskeg, black earth, gray clay mud. Plus think of the money i can make pulling out people with their lifted 2500 chevys and dodges. :tongue: