Insurance dilemma

PATHRIDER

So you have the truck back now, how did it all work out??

B

Got her back B .. it worked out well..Got what i wanted and thankfully the total loss claims adjuster is a truck lover also and knows the value of the parts that was stolen and the work that was put into the pathy. Now I just have to figure out why shes not starting and probably do a major interior exterior cleaning which ive been wanting to do for a long time

One tip I can share with dealing with insurance is to never give up..They are going to try to screw you every chance they get..its sad but thats how they operate. Always use your options and never give in. You have the right to refuse their offer, what they were offering me at first is just absurd like you said and even my agent said the same thing,Just plain unreal

Im just glad shes back and Im going to restore her back to its conditon before it was stolen

Thanks for all the input guys

Of course you negotiate with them, they are trying to get out of the deal with the least amount of pay out as possible. That is why insurance is called a buisness, if they were in it for our best intrest they would be non-profit, lol.

Of course you negotiate with them, they are trying to get out of the deal with the least amount of pay out as possible. That is why insurance is called a buisness, if they were in it for our best intrest they would be non-profit, lol.

I already know that.The point is to not give in...I understand that theyre in the business of protecting our investment and to not rip us off..If I wasnt given some advice by our neighbor I wouldve settled for $2000.

Lesson learned

Well, the KBB is where you should always start, and I'm glad it worked out. The fact that you were able to get some cash for the extras is excellent. Allstate is particularly cheap. Did he talk about the salvage title? I do not know what the law is in your area.

Well, the KBB is where you should always start, and I'm glad it worked out. The fact that you were able to get some cash for the extras is excellent. Allstate is particularly cheap. Did he talk about the salvage title? I do not know what the law is in your area.

I supplied them with 7 list of pathfinder for sale locally on craigslist and dealer that is comparable to mine and they agreed on that. Another thing I learned is according to the claims adjuster that they can not use kbb to base the actual cash value of my pathfinder... KELLEY BLUE BOOK: THE STATE OF WASH DOES NOT ALLOW THIS AS A WAY TO DETERMINE ACTUAL CASH VALUE. I think thiss is BS.

I got her back with a clean title.. The difference between clear title and salvaging it is only $518. As long as you have everything to back up your claim like in my case , I have all my receipts and pictures

Insurance companies use a figure that is a percentage of the fair market value when determining if it is totaled or not. More times tahn not, it's 85%. That provides them cushion for when you take it to the shop for repair and more stuff is found to be bad and the shop submits supplimental claims. had to fight with this myself in the past.