• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update here, I installed some cam gears today and yesterday

th_CamGears.jpg

and set them to 3 degrees advanced.

th_CamGearSetting.jpg

This should correct the mistake Schneider made in my cam grind (all specs were 3deg retarded)

They fit the cams pretty good. They are made by a guy named Russ and can be purchased @ z31 parts.com.

Feels great :) The power is right where I was trying to get it. No massive gains but I can spin the tires under 2k now.

Good around town where theres allot of shifts but still feels like a normal Pathy on the Highway where the RPMs are up higher.

Can you tell me how you acomplished this?

(I have about 1/2" on one of my injector cap vents(feeds air to the MAF passage) blocked to lean it out some and as so I'm getting the same MPG as before and a pinch more HP that can be felt on the freeway.)

I am trying to figure out how I can squeeze more MPG out of the beast. And mine idles a little rough and rich around 1500 rpms as it's warming up. The odd thing is, that when the outdoor temp is as cold or colder than freezing 32* it idles up cold to 2000 rpm and satys there until the engine temp starts to rise. Then as it begins to idle down it sits and stummbles (rough idles) right around 1500 rpm. Once warm it idles just fine. Checked and or replaced everything...and I mean EVERYTHING that would commonly cause this. I'm geeting less than 10mpg in town driving like a little old lady ! I've changed that from time to time too !

Thanks. Great thread ! : )

Thanks,