Jim Wolf Technology

I wouldn't say that at all. the truths I listed are not guaranteed to happen. I think a Mild cam would last just fine in your engine. A maintained VG is good for a half million miles and when well cared for I bet the same would appy if it had a mild cam.

What would be considered a mild set of cans? Because I might consider getting my stock cams reground to 260/260 Duration / .420/.420 Lift Z31 Stage 1 kit from thezstore.com or a pair of Nismo .256/.256 Duration / .425/.425 Lift or Nismo 264/264 Duration / .392/.392 Lift from nismoparts.com. Which cams should I go with or what other types cams would you recommend? :scratchhead:

260/260 .420 is mild depending on how they degree your events It should be a decen cam with power near @ 2k rpm.

similar can also be expected of the 256/256 .425 again dependig on degreeing

The 264/264 .392 should produce a decent Idle because of its low lift. tho this cam tagets good Idle but kicks in high (3-3.5k rpm iirc) it will actually be very decent as far a longevity becase the short lift and long duration give it lobes that are not as sharp so they wear slower.

All the cams you listed should last fine in your engine, if it were me I would go with one of the first 2 or you can wait and see how my custom grind turns out and buy a set of those thru me.

260/260 .420 is mild depending on how they degree your events It should be a decen cam with power near @ 2k rpm.

similar can also be expected of the 256/256 .425 again dependig on degreeing

The 264/264 .392 should produce a decent Idle because of its low lift. tho this cam tagets good Idle but kicks in high (3-3.5k rpm iirc) it will actually be very decent as far a longevity becase the short lift and long duration give it lobes that are not as sharp so they wear slower.

All the cams you listed should last fine in your engine, if it were me I would go with one of the first 2 or you can wait and see how my custom grind turns out and buy a set of those thru me.

I'll actually wait and see how your custom cams turn out and then decide to get a set for my power plant. After I get a set of cams I need to figure out which ECU Upgrade to go with, I'm deciding between Jim Wolf Technology or Jet Performance for the ECU Upgrade. I plan on going with RC Fuel Injectors to compensate for the cams. :itsallgood:

I'm pretty sure the stock injectors will be fine for a mild cam. larger injectors are typically used for Blown motors were the ammount of air forced in is beyond the stock ability to maintain AFR.

you might also consider the 256-H grind from Schneider. It may be very similar to the Nismo #1 cam but @ about 1/2 the cost I think it will produce the closest to what we are looking for. If Delta falls thru I may go with the 256-H or see if Schneider will do my custom spec....

Edited by MY1PATH

I'm pretty sure the stock injectors will be fine for a mild cam. larger injectors are typically used for Blown motors were the ammount of air forced in is beyond the stock ability to maintain AFR.

you might also consider the 256-H grind from Schneider. It may be very similar to the Nismo #1 cam but @ about 1/2 the cost I think it will produce the closest to what we are looking for. If Delta falls thru I may go with the 256-H or see if Schneider will do my custom spec....

I imagine if you bore/stroke a motor it'll need slightly bigger injectors to compensate for the little bit of added volume but that's stretching it. I think the stock injectors would be fine to handle anything you throw at them in terms of internals.

Yeah I'll give it some thought on going with Schneider 256-H cams, but if by any chance if Schneider wouldn't be able to do your custom cams you might talk to a company called Clay Smith Cams. They custom make cams for almost all vehicles and I'm pretty sure they'll do custom cams for Nissan power plants. Also RC Fuel Injection had told me that the only time I would need bigger injectors is if I'm running aftermarket cams. My brother is running RC fuel injectors in his Evolution 8 while running 272 HKS cams and runs incredible, of course they're 500 lbs. injectors to compensate for the stock Turbo and HKS cams. But I'll double check with RC and see if mild cams need bigger fuel injectors. :itsallgood:

I imagine if you bore/stroke a motor it'll need slightly bigger injectors to compensate for the little bit of added volume but that's stretching it. I think the stock injectors would be fine to handle anything you throw at them in terms of internals.

well the 2 TBI injectors will run a 3.3 swap and still have more to give.

3.3 swaps have been done with the 3.0 MPFI injectors as well with no issues. A mild cam and low rpms on a V6 are not gonna warrant it so save your $$$ for other things (like ajustable cam gearssmile.gif)

Edited by MY1PATH

well the 2 TBI injectors will run a 3.3 swap and still have more to give.

3.3 swaps have been done with the 3.0 MPFI injectors as well with no issues. A mild cam and low rpms on a V6 are not gonna warrant it so save your $$$ for other things (like ajustable cam gearssmile.gif)

some of that stuff looks pretty cool. you think that plenum spacer and the fuel rails would do what they say?

I think its all gravy for a High temp VG with 28lbs of boost and a big cam trying to push 280+HP.

the plenum spacer might be some benifit. Email the guy and see if its compatible with a "pathfinder manifold swap" or just tell him you have a pathy and you want to know if its worked for somone with the swap. I can't remember his name but he was very helpful and eager to help when I had questions for him.

The cam gears on the other hand would be Very worthwhile esp if you had a cam that already had the intake advanced more than the exhaust.(JWT, NisMo & early Z for certain prolly others as well I just don't have specs to prove it.)