Headers?

ImportDoc

so im looking to get a set of headers for the finder...my question is do the same headers for my 95 auto 4x4 fit from my stock 3.0 to the new 3.3 im droppin in? or does mounting come into play? and secondly opinions on what headers to run because i havent heard to many good things about the pacesetter headers.....

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread, I'm looking into a set of headers as well.

So Nissan Motorsports or Thorley's? Anyone have anything used?

Also, what about an exhaust? Something on my truck has a leak and it's either the exhaust manifolds or the exhaust pipe, so I'm just gonna replace it all.

2" or 2.25" pipe. High flow muffler of your choice (I prefer magnaflow) and a high flow cat (carsound/mangnaflow direct fit).

Borla makes a great sounding 2.5" cat-back system but My opinon is that 2.5" is too big for these stock engines.

2" or 2.25" pipe. High flow muffler of your choice (I prefer magnaflow) and a high flow cat (carsound/mangnaflow direct fit).

Borla makes a great sounding 2.5" cat-back system but My opinon is that 2.5" is too big for these stock engines.

x2

I am running a 2.00" system and Precise1 (also on this board) has a similar 2.25" setup. The Thorley headers exit in 2.25" but you need to build your own 2.25" pipe with gaskets and all that which is the reason I chose to stick with 2.00" all the way as it was readily available.

If youre going with thorleys use bolts instead of the stud and nut. Ive had mine for almost 4 years now and its held up quite well..8X30MMX1.25 grade 8 bolts

A few members used bolts with different tensile strength but not sure how theirs held up

M8x1.25x30mm don't come in grade 8. ;)

I installed my headers with grade 10.9 bolts and so far so good, but I need to verify the torque again.

There are many different view points, and mine is that I won't spent $5+ per fastener set as that is pure robbery unless it is something far more sophisticated than a stud/washer/nut.

B

I installed my headers with grade 10.9 bolts and so far so good, but I need to verify the torque again.

There are many different view points, and mine is that I won't spent $5+ per fastener set as that is pure robbery unless it is something far more sophisticated than a stud/washer/nut.

B

Hey B started wondering what happened to you, you usually answers to our post right away..You answered my question I sent you thru email on this post bud..glad youre back :beer:

Edited by PATHRIDER

B

hey, B, what kind of washers did you use on there; anything special?

also, you see any problems running these bolts on stock manifolds? (I agree, $5+ for hardware:omg:)

Hey B started wondering what happened to you, you usually answers to our post right away..You answered my question I sent you thru email on this post bud..glad youre back :beer:

:beer:

Sonetimes I am busier than others... :shrug:

hey, B, what kind of washers did you use on there; anything special?

also, you see any problems running these bolts on stock manifolds? (I agree, $5+ for hardware:omg:)

Nope IIRC I simply used standard plated washers. I see no reason why you could not reuse the stock spacers if they are not rusted. I say spacers as they are about 4 or 5mm thick...

B