the brake wear indicater

ac92pathfinder

95 nissan pathfinder when i step on the brakes i can hear the indicater from the pads hitting on the rotors on the rear. was wondering aprox how long they would last before they grinding? i can get the pads friday or saturday. this has happened for 2 days. im hopeing it can hold till then. thanks ps there pads btw

95 nissan pathfinder when i step on the brakes i can hear the indicater from the pads hitting on the rotors on the rear. was wondering aprox how long they would last before they grinding? i can get the pads friday or saturday. this has happened for 2 days. im hopeing it can hold till then. thanks ps there pads btw

you have some time, depends how hard you are on your breaks. try to replace them asap and drive the truck as little as possible until you put new pads.

my friend who always thinks he knows what he is doing will remove the wear indicator when it hits and then go another couple hundred miles or more before replacing them. He has broke many a thing on his vehicles but he didn't brake is brakes. maybe he was just lucky.

Lol My dad did the same thing on the 93 when it was his. Just until he could get it into the shop to have the brakes done. The rotors aren't that hard to do and you may as well change pads and rotors they don't cost that much.

rears!!!! i thought you ment front. thats why i said the rotors ate a pita. the rears are easy and inexpensive. also you can get away with driving around with ****** rears for a little while since the rears only do 20% of your breaking iirc. correct me if im wrong

lol my brake wear indicators broke off and i drove on low pads for thousands of miles before the metal started grinding and ate up the rotors

i had to do a repair to the right torque member because the bolt in it got welded in from the heat

Edited by Tungsten

i ordered the brakes and will be in by 4pm tomorrow :(

edit that i went to autozone they had my pads for the same price for what i ordered from kragen the 18.99 special. i bought the duralast pads which i been useing for awhile but my from pads a valucraft which works soft. they both work good i was ust broke at the time to buy valucraft. now my brakes works good just need to top off the resivor keep forgeting to top it off been 1/2 low for a month.

Edited by ac92pathfinder