Radio Help

bigred07

ok so when i turn my radio on (maybe the stock one, its old with casette player...) there is a really louch screetching wining noise coming from the rear speakers just an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and its really loud. it will go away if the radio is on for like an hour. it will not go away by using the fad or balance thing to turn off the rear speakers. so i opened up my console thingy and took the radio out and have been playing with it, on the rear speaker plug ther are two black wire one with a white strip and three brown ones the black strip white strip and solid.... if the black striped one is not conected but the others are there is no sound to the back speakers or the screetching. there is a plug with pink wires and the plug is blue but it wasn't hooked up to anything. on the radio itself the little schematic thing it looked like the browm with black wire is supposed to be running to an amp. how do i fix this? cause if there's a short in the wire somewhere getting a new system wont do anything for me.

So is this a stock radio?

has it been tampered with or is it just do it on it own and its never been messed with before?

Did it used to work then just started recently?

Do you have a spare radio you can try in there aftermartket(will require a wireharness if u dont have one) or stock?

thats the thing i have no idea if its stock or not it looks like it belongs perfectly with it. it also started after i got it but only when it was cld outside now it just does it all the time. and i don't have a spare radio or anything i tried to take the one out of the hardbody we have but its completely different like only wired for two speakers and stuff. i mean it does need new speakers big time but i don't want to take it in and then get it back and they say we don't know why it does that bla bla bla.

i bet its the radio craping out. you could buy a replacement or something. I have my orginal. tkae a picture of yours and we will see if its orignal or not sounds like it is though if its a tape deck.

hmm thats definantly stock i wonder if my 92 radio would fit in there? can u get a picture of that the plugs on the back of the radio are like? get a picture of both plugs and the back of the radio ill compare mine. I think its the radio to be honest but u might have a problem with one of the factory amps failing can u run a different wire to one of the rear speakers so u bypass the amp and see if that fixes it. if it doesnt then its the radio if it does then its the amp or a spliced wire somewhere.

i have no idea how to get to the back speakers... and i put it all back but i can tell you there's that one plug then a one similar to it but twice its size and then a power looking cable that is circular.

Just for the heck of it trying hooking up a battery carger to it and turn it to 200 amp start...see if it goes away(normally they will make a load noise like what your desribbing if the radios on and the batterys charging...

so tried bypassing the plug the wire was attached to and when i touched the wire to the conection in the back of the radio it blew the 75 fuse thats back there...