Nissan Transmission Fitment

Kingman

Here's a list of the different transmissions used by Nissan/Datsun and the different applications each transmission fits.

It's a scanned file and is a little crooked but the information is there. You may have to save it to your computer and then zoom it in. :aok:

NissanTransmissionFitment.jpg

Maybe this is a silly question but from what my eyes see can i put a r50 trans or xterra trans into my 92 pathfinder and it work fine? I have an automatic but would think a newer trans would work better then me getting a junkyard wd21 transmission. Any help would be appreciated. i did search and didn't really come up with any answers on differences in wiring or anything. Im guessing vg30/vg33 would be interechangable. Is the gearing the same in the trans? I feel you might not be able to put a wd21 trans in a r50 or xterra since its not obd2 but an obd2 trans might work in a obd1 truck...

scott

All VG block 4wd trannys with a tx10 are the same eternally (save for the 95+ 5spd may have the corrected fill hole on it). but they are not all geared the same internally. the differances will likely be minor and not a compatibity issue.

I have seen many times on other boards people using r50 and wd22 tannys in their d21 chasis.

and ufortuantely nissan didn't start doing 6spd untill the VQ platform.