'90 Se Rear Speaker Annoyances...

DVO

I been searching for a VERY long time.. And found NOTHING to no avail... My 90 SE has them goofy pods for the speakers... How the heck do I get into them? I'm not sure if it's the wiring thru the amp for them or if they're just wired gimpy... I had some good ones put in a couplea years ago, not knowing I had rear ones already, to find that the stock ones were good, just not working for some reason... Well... In the last year, my rear speakers have dropped off totally... If it's not to do with the stock amp, anyone know how to get them things off so I can re-wire the whole thing? I have a rather large 2x12 Alpine box in there now with JBL's and a 1300w Class D... That with the stock door speakers? Well... Yea... I need them 67x9's to work...;)

• 1 month later...

If you want to remove the whole pod, then you'll have to pop off the top "screened" part, then pry off the plastic that surrounds the 'pod'. If I remember correctly each pod has two pieces? Been over a year since I tinkered with mine, and I don't have my rig nearby. Once you do that, there will be four screws that you can remove, and pull the pod off the side panel. There's a white connection behind that pod, if you decide to put your good speakers in there and they are amped, I would suggest bypassing that plug.