Vg30I Knock Sensor and ecm pinout?

bigsyke

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have the FSM for the VG30E pathys however I have the VG30I. Im trying to find the Knock sensor wire on the ECU, and it says its pin 27 for the VG30E. Is it the same for the VG30I?

Thank you!

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Thread

Pin 27 on a 1989 VG30i (TBI) ESM is not the Knock Sensor, instead it is the Main Relay.

As far as I know the TBI versions of the VG30's do not have a Knock Sensor.

Can you fill in your profile, so we can better help you in the future? Thanks thumbsup.gif

Please see: The Importance of Filling In Your Profile -**All Members: Please Read**

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Thread

thats why im going to bypass it at the ECM harness.

red path 88 can probably help tell u what wires colors are i think he might have an fsm for the older ones i think i might like a copy myself...

these pics are how i did mine...to test and make sure the resistor will work and the other bridged in

dont get scared the pics aare a 300 z i think but the principle is the same let your ecm think the sensor is good

u can see the wires go down under the mani pull that plug and see if sticking each end of the resistor gives you a 55 code

Temp.jpg

Final.jpg

Edited by pathfinderfisherman

The other thing you can do is mount another knock sensor on the bell housing as close to the crank as possible, unplug the old one and plug the new one in. MaritimeMan did this years ago and AFAIK he has never had a problem with it.

I tried to find a thread on it but could only find a few posts. Perhaps you will have better luck??

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=574&view=findpost&p=3834

B

I am merging your two threads on this topic together.

And as I mentioned in the other, it appears that Nissan did not use a knock sensor on the VG30i's. They started in 1990 with the VG30e versions. I just called a dealer to verify and they said the same thing. There is no parts listing with Nissan for a KS on Pathfinders equipped with VG30i's