Falkin A/t Tires

ChrisPerna

So i just bought a set of 4 falken high country for my truck, my truck came with 235/75/15 and i am putting 31x10.5x15, should i have any problems? please let me know. also has anyone else bought this tire?

1630910productspotlight.th.jpg

Edited by ChrisPerna

i just started runnin 31-10.5 last month, i have found that i rub ocossionaly. i dunno if its cause i have a 3in sl or not tho. ur speedo will be off... high way speeds will take a lil gettin use to. umm yeah thats about all iv noticed... but im new to em im sure some one well inform more...

i just started runnin 31-10.5 last month, i have found that i rub ocossionaly. i dunno if its cause i have a 3in sl or not tho. ur speedo will be off... high way speeds will take a lil gettin use to. umm yeah thats about all iv noticed... but im new to em im sure some one well inform more...

what do u mean by highway speeds will take a lil gettin use to?

Yes, it is one of the stock sizes. With the proper backspacing (3.75-4") and the torsion bars adjusted properly, you should not have any rubbing issues (or perhaps very slightly and occasionally).

The difference between 235/75/15 tires and 31" tires is aprox 7% so your speedo will be reading 60mpf and you will actually be going 64-65

B

Yup. 60x1.07=64.2

My rule of thumb to avoid tickets is not more than 5 over the posted speed limit, so now I just don't drive any faster than the registered speed and I know I'm + but still in the 'safe' zone.

okay so i got the tires mounted and there amazing!

Glad you like them. New tires are a treat... :D

B

Didn't know Falkin made tires with more than 1" of sidewall... good you like em. Always nice to have some new rubber wrapped around the wheels.

Good point, but I'm not at the point of paying attention to such trivial details yet, if ever... :D

B

Heh, drive with no speedometer using the flow of traffic to judge. A couple mph (or kph) is perfectly fine with me for as many times as I drove around guessing...

so if it came with 31's stock there are different gears for the speedo?

yes. it's attached to the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Like I said, I don't remember off the top of my head how many teeth is on the one for the 31" tires. And the Nissan dealer doesn't either. I tried. Somebody around here may notice if they've messed around with it.

"Nine, you're mine."

:scratchhead:

Heh, drive with no speedometer using the flow of traffic to judge. A couple mph (or kph) is perfectly fine with me for as many times as I drove around guessing...

I drove the first pathy for 3 years without a speedo, never an issue. I do drive fairly mellow though, that helps of course.

B

"Nine, you're mine" is what a lot of officers use to judge whether or not to pull someone over. "Nine (9 over the speed limit), you're mine (officer pulls you over)"

I always they are lenient with 5mph or so. unless you're on the highway.